Distance from Port Moody, BC to Yellowknife, NT

Distance

2,362 km

Time

1 day 1 hour

Gas Cost

$157 - $376

There are 1,553.66 km (965.40 miles) from Port Moody to Yellowknife in northeast direction and 2,362.52 km (1,468 miles) by car, following the 3 route.

Port Moody and Yellowknife are 1 day 1 hour far apart, if you drive non-stop .

This is the fastest route from Port Moody, BC to Yellowknife, NT. The halfway point is Valleyview, AB.

Please note the time difference between Port Moody, BC and Yellowknife, NT is 1 hour. The current time in Port Moody is 5:59 pm and the current time in Yellowknife is 6:59 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Port Moody, BC to Yellowknife, NT:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with a fuel efficiency of 8.9 l/100 km will need 210.26 liters of gas to cover the route between Port Moody, BC and Yellowknife, NT.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Port Moody to Yellowknife is $279.01.

During the route, an average car will release 5,029.34 kilograms of CO2 to the atmosphere. The carbon footprint would be 2,514.67 kilograms of CO2 per kilometer.


Best Hotels In or Near Yellowknife, NT

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Yellowknife, NT? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Halfway Point Between Port Moody, BC and Yellowknife, NT

If you want to meet halfway between Port Moody, BC and Yellowknife, NT or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 55.103680 and -117.239868, or 55º 6' 13.248" N, 117º 14' 23.5248" W. This location is 733.98 miles away from Port Moody, BC and Yellowknife, NT and it would take approximately 12 hours 59 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Valleyview, AB, situated 755 miles from Port Moody, BC and 714 miles from Yellowknife, NT. It would take 12 hours 42 mins to go from Port Moody to Valleyview and 13 hours 16 mins to go from Yellowknife to Valleyview.



Weather in Port Moody and Yellowknife

Compare the weather today and the next four days in Port Moody, BC and Yellowknife, NT:

Port Moody

Rain tomorrow through next Monday.

Mon
Jun 27
Tue
Jun 28
Wed
Jun 29
Thu
Jun 30
Fri
Jul 1
Partly cloudy day Rain Rain Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day
90° 64° 70° 58° 65° 54° 77° 52° 80° 55°
3% Rain probability 76% Rain probability 96% Rain probability 4% Rain probability 1% Rain probability
3 163 degrees 5 167 degrees 4 168 degrees 3 230 degrees 3 209 degrees

Yellowknife

No precipitation throughout the week.

Mon
Jun 27
Tue
Jun 28
Wed
Jun 29
Thu
Jun 30
Fri
Jul 1
Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Clear day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day
66° 45° 71° 50° 64° 45° 67° 47° 66° 48°
0% Rain probability 22% Rain probability 0% Rain probability 0% Rain probability 0% Rain probability
8 240 degrees 9 312 degrees 9 9 degrees 6 327 degrees 6 254 degrees

Lowest Price Rental Cars in Port Moody, BC

Planning on renting a car to go from Port Moody, BC to Yellowknife, NT? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Port Moody, BC:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Port Moody »

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Port Moody, BC and Yellowknife, NT in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 965.40 mi 1,553.66 km 838.91 nautical mi
Driving distance 1,468 mi 2,362.43 km 1,275.62 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips