Distance from Richmond, BC to Valemount, BC

Distance

679 km

Time

6 hours 58 mins

Gas Cost

$45 - $108

There are 489.11 km (303.92 miles) from Richmond to Valemount in northeast direction and 679.14 km (422 miles) by car, following the Southern Yellowhead Highway route.

Richmond and Valemount are 6 hours 58 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop .

This is the fastest route from Richmond, BC to Valemount, BC. The halfway point is Kamloops, BC.

Richmond, BC and Valemount, BC are in the same time zone (PDT). Current time in both locations is 8:04 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Richmond, BC to Valemount, BC:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with a fuel efficiency of 8.9 l/100 km will need 60.43 liters of gas to cover the route between Richmond, BC and Valemount, BC.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Richmond to Valemount is $80.19.

During the route, an average car will release 1,445.47 kilograms of CO2 to the atmosphere. The carbon footprint would be 2.13 kilograms of CO2 per kilometer.


Best Hotels In or Near Valemount, BC

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Valemount, BC? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Halfway Point Between Richmond, BC and Valemount, BC

If you want to meet halfway between Richmond, BC and Valemount, BC or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 50.515774 and -120.497200, or 50º 30' 56.7864" N, 120º 29' 49.92" W. This location is 210.95 miles away from Richmond, BC and Valemount, BC and it would take approximately 3 hours 29 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest city to the halfway point is Kamloops, BC, situated 223 miles from Richmond, BC and 200 miles from Valemount, BC. It would take 3 hours 26 mins to go from Richmond to Kamloops and 3 hours 46 mins to go from Valemount to Kamloops.



Weather in Richmond and Valemount

Compare the weather today and the next four days in Richmond, BC and Valemount, BC:

Richmond

Rain today through Monday.

Tue
Feb 7
Wed
Feb 8
Thu
Feb 9
Fri
Feb 10
Sat
Feb 11
Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain
52° 39° 47° 35° 49° 35° 47° 38° 47° 37°
99% Rain probability 66% Rain probability 94% Rain probability 96% Rain probability 77% Rain probability
13 182 degrees 7 117 degrees 10 97 degrees 9 145 degrees 3 161 degrees

Valemount

Mixed precipitation today through Monday.

Tue
Feb 7
Wed
Feb 8
Thu
Feb 9
Fri
Feb 10
Sat
Feb 11
Rain Rain Snow Rain Fog
38° 29° 34° 18° 33° 18° 38° 23° 37° 18°
62% Rain probability 38% Rain probability 41% Rain probability 41% Rain probability 24% Rain probability
6 188 degrees 5 225 degrees 7 152 degrees 5 172 degrees 3 192 degrees

Lowest Price Rental Cars in Richmond, BC

Planning on renting a car to go from Richmond, BC to Valemount, BC? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Richmond, BC:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Richmond »

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Richmond, BC and Valemount, BC in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 303.92 mi 489.11 km 264.10 nautical mi
Driving distance 422 mi 678.98 km 366.62 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips