Distance from Atlanta, GA to Miami, FL

Distance

663 mi

Time

12 hours 4 mins

Gas Cost

$47 - $92

Loading Atlanta - Miami Route Map

Report an error

There are 606.39 miles from Atlanta to Miami in southeast direction and 663 miles (1,067.00 kilometers) by car, following the I-75 route.

Atlanta and Miami are 12 hours 4 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Atlanta, GA to Miami, FL. The halfway point is Gainesville, FL.

Atlanta, GA and Miami, FL are in the same time zone (Eastern Daylight Time). Current time in both locations is 11:31 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Atlanta, GA to Miami, FL:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 30.68 gallons of gas to cover the route between Atlanta, GA and Miami, FL.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Atlanta to Miami is $76.71.

During the route, an average car will release 601.15 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Halfway Point Between Atlanta, GA and Miami, FL

If you want to meet halfway between Atlanta, GA and Miami, FL or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 29.608724 and -82.364027, or 29º 36' 31.4064" N, 82º 21' 50.4972" W. This location is 331.38 miles away from Atlanta, GA and Miami, FL and it would take approximately 6 hours 2 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest and also the major city is Gainesville, FL, situated 331.3 miles from Atlanta, GA and 336.35 miles from Miami, FL. It would take 6 hours 6 mins to go from Atlanta to Gainesville and 6 hours 15 mins to go from Miami to Gainesville.

Major Cities Along the Route

Some other major cities along the route include Coral Springs, FL, Pompano Beach, FL, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Hollywood, FL, Miami Gardens, FL, Hialeah, FL, Port Saint Lucie, FL and Orlando, FL.


Best Hotels In or Near Miami, FL

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Miami, FL? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Lowest Price Rental Cars in Atlanta, GA

Planning on renting a car to go from Atlanta, GA to Miami, FL? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Atlanta, GA:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Atlanta »

Weather in Atlanta and Miami

Atlanta

Rain on Sunday and Monday, with temperatures falling to 61°F next Thursday.

Thu
Oct 19
Fri
Oct 20
Sat
Oct 21
Sun
Oct 22
Mon
Oct 23
Clear day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Rain Rain
76° 47° 79° 51° 76° 54° 77° 61° 72° 62°
8% Rain probability 10% Rain probability 6% Rain probability 27% Rain probability 94% Rain probability
3 56 degrees 3 76 degrees 7 100 degrees 9 110 degrees 7 164 degrees

Miami

Light rain today through Sunday, with temperatures peaking at 88°F on Tuesday.

Thu
Oct 19
Fri
Oct 20
Sat
Oct 21
Sun
Oct 22
Mon
Oct 23
Partly cloudy day Wind Rain Wind Partly cloudy day
85° 76° 86° 80° 85° 80° 88° 82° 87° 80°
60% Rain probability 40% Rain probability 71% Rain probability 35% Rain probability 18% Rain probability
8 57 degrees 15 65 degrees 17 88 degrees 16 113 degrees 14 123 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Atlanta, GA and Miami, FL in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 606.39 mi 975.89 km 526.94 nautical mi
Driving distance 663 mi 1,066.99 km 576.13 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips


Please type your origin and destination and pick one of the options.

Origin and destination have to be different.

Distance between and