Distance from Averill, VT to Alleghany, VA

Distance

837 mi

Time

14 hours 22 mins

Gas Cost

$63 - $123

Report an error

There are 653.50 miles from Averill to Alleghany in southwest direction and 837 miles (1,347.02 kilometers) by car, following the I-81 S route.

Averill and Alleghany are 14 hours 22 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Averill, VT to Alleghany, VA. The halfway point is Clinton, NJ.

Averill, VT and Alleghany, VA are in the same time zone (EDT). Current time in both locations is 7:00 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Averill, VT to Alleghany, VA:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 38.73 gallons of gas to cover the route between Averill, VT and Alleghany, VA.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Averill to Alleghany is $102.64.

During the route, an average car will release 758.86 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.

Best Hotels In or Near Alleghany, VA

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Alleghany, VA? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Halfway Point Between Averill, VT and Alleghany, VA

If you want to meet halfway between Averill, VT and Alleghany, VA or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 40.63169 and -74.919601, or 40º 37' 54.084" N, 74º 55' 10.5636" W. This location is 418.32 miles away from Averill, VT and Alleghany, VA and it would take approximately 7 hours 11 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Clinton, NJ, situated 433.73 miles from Averill, VT and 403.99 miles from Alleghany, VA. It would take 8 hours 3 mins to go from Averill to Clinton and 6 hours 21 mins to go from Alleghany to Clinton.

Major City Closest to Halfway Point

The major city closest to the halfway point between Averill, VT and Alleghany, VA is Allentown, PA, situated 472.52 miles from Averill, VT and 367.15 miles from Alleghany, VA. It would take 8 hours 43 mins to go from Averill to Allentown and 5 hours 46 mins to go from Alleghany to Allentown.



Lowest Price Rental Cars in Averill, VT

Planning on renting a car to go from Averill, VT to Alleghany, VA? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Averill, VT:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Averill »

Weather in Averill and Alleghany

Averill

Light rain throughout the week, with high temperatures rising to 54°F on Monday.

Sat
Oct 19
Sun
Oct 20
Mon
Oct 21
Tue
Oct 22
Wed
Oct 23
Rain Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Rain Rain
44° 29° 51° 26° 54° 34° 52° 35° 52° 38°
66% Rain probability 19% Rain probability 15% Rain probability 53% Rain probability 88% Rain probability
5 302 degrees 4 164 degrees 3 78 degrees 8 134 degrees 8 181 degrees

Alleghany

Rain throughout the week, with high temperatures falling to 52°F on Wednesday.

Sat
Oct 19
Sun
Oct 20
Mon
Oct 21
Tue
Oct 22
Wed
Oct 23
Rain Rain Partly cloudy day Rain Clear day
56° 36° 62° 46° 59° 46° 59° 45° 53° 40°
78% Rain probability 97% Rain probability 31% Rain probability 94% Rain probability 17% Rain probability
4 123 degrees 5 340 degrees 4 135 degrees 6 210 degrees 5 278 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Averill, VT and Alleghany, VA in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 653.50 mi 1,051.70 km 567.88 nautical mi
Driving distance 837 mi 1,346.43 km 727.01 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips