Distance from Chicago, IL to Midland, TX

Distance

1,230 mi

Time

20 hours 7 mins

Gas Cost

$100 - $195

Loading Chicago - Midland Route Map

Route map between Chicago and Midland Show Map

Report an error

There are 1,047.50 miles from Chicago to Midland in southwest direction and 1,230 miles (1,979.49 kilometers) by car, following the I-44 W route.

Chicago and Midland are 20 hours 7 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Chicago, IL to Midland, TX. The halfway point is Fairland, OK.

Chicago, IL and Midland, TX are in the same time zone (Central Daylight Time). Current time in both locations is 12:17 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Chicago, IL to Midland, TX:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 56.93 gallons of gas to cover the route between Chicago, IL and Midland, TX.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Chicago to Midland is $162.82.

During the route, an average car will release 1,115.39 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Halfway Point Between Chicago, IL and Midland, TX

If you want to meet halfway between Chicago, IL and Midland, TX or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 36.791245 and -94.892525, or 36º 47' 28.482" N, 94º 53' 33.09" W. This location is 614.85 miles away from Chicago, IL and Midland, TX and it would take approximately 10 hours 3 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Fairland, OK, situated 621.48 miles from Chicago, IL and 620.04 miles from Midland, TX. It would take 9 hours 55 mins to go from Chicago to Fairland and 10 hours 26 mins to go from Midland to Fairland.

Major Cities Along the Route

Some major cities along the route include Saint Louis, MO,Springfield, MO,Broken Arrow, OK,Tulsa, OK,Oklahoma City, OK,Wichita Falls, TX, and Abilene, TX.

Best Hotels In or Near Midland, TX

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Midland, TX? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Lowest Price Rental Cars in Chicago, IL

Planning on renting a car to go from Chicago, IL to Midland, TX? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Chicago, IL:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Chicago »

Weather in Chicago and Midland

Chicago

Light rain throughout the week, with high temperatures peaking at 81°F on Wednesday.

Mon
Jul 23
Tue
Jul 24
Wed
Jul 25
Thu
Jul 26
Fri
Jul 27
Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day
77° 66° 79° 68° 81° 69° 78° 68° 75° 63°
6% Rain probability 4% Rain probability 4% Rain probability 12% Rain probability 2% Rain probability
8 356 degrees 3 8 degrees 5 331 degrees 7 273 degrees 7 314 degrees

Midland

Light rain on Wednesday and Friday, with high temperatures falling to 88°F next Monday.

Mon
Jul 23
Tue
Jul 24
Wed
Jul 25
Thu
Jul 26
Fri
Jul 27
Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Cloudy Partly cloudy day
106° 72° 97° 74° 97° 74° 94° 77° 92° 73°
0% Rain probability 3% Rain probability 15% Rain probability 38% Rain probability 62% Rain probability
6 126 degrees 12 70 degrees 7 128 degrees 7 163 degrees 9 116 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Chicago, IL and Midland, TX in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 1,047.50 mi 1,685.78 km 910.25 nautical mi
Driving distance 1,230 mi 1,979.01 km 1,068.58 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips


Please type your origin and destination and pick one of the options.

Origin and destination have to be different.

Distance between and