Distance from Clayton, DE to TPA Airport

Distance

1,006 mi

Time

15 hours 55 mins

Gas Cost

$61 - $119

There are 875.65 miles from Clayton to Tampa International Airport (TPA) in southwest direction and 1,006 miles (1,619.00 kilometers) by car, following the I-95 S route.

Clayton and TPA Airport are 15 hours 55 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop .

This is the fastest route from Clayton, DE to TPA Airport. The halfway point is Quinby, SC.

Clayton, DE and TPA Airport are in the same time zone (EDT). Current time in both locations is 4:17 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Clayton, DE to TPA Airport:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with a fuel efficiency of MPG will need 40.41 gallons of gas to cover the route between Clayton, DE and TPA Airport.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Clayton to TPA Airport is $86.07.

During the route, an average car will release 791.69 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. The carbon footprint would be 0.79 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Best Hotels In or Near TPA Airport

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to TPA Airport? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Halfway Point Between Clayton, DE and TPA Airport

If you want to meet halfway between Clayton, DE and TPA Airport or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 34.275665 and -79.705193, or 34º 16' 32.394" N, 79º 42' 18.6948" W. This location is 503.09 miles away from Clayton, DE and TPA Airport and it would take approximately 7 hours 57 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Quinby, SC, situated 495 miles from Clayton, DE and 516 miles from TPA Airport. It would take 8 hours 13 mins to go from Clayton to Quinby and 8 hours 7 mins to go from TPA to Quinby.

Major Cities Along the Route

Some major cities along the route include Arlington, VA,Alexandria, VA,Henrico, VA,Richmond, VA,Fayetteville, NC,Jacksonville, FL, and Tampa, FL.


Weather in Clayton and TPA

Compare the weather today and the next four days in Clayton, DE and TPA Airport:

Clayton

Rain on Tuesday through next Sunday.

Sun
Jul 5
Mon
Jul 6
Tue
Jul 7
Wed
Jul 8
Thu
Jul 9
Partly cloudy day Clear day Rain Rain Rain
90° 70° 93° 74° 89° 73° 88° 74° 80° 73°
14% Rain probability 35% Rain probability 58% Rain probability 47% Rain probability 63% Rain probability
5 230 degrees 7 207 degrees 8 165 degrees 9 152 degrees 10 108 degrees

TPA

Rain throughout the week.

Sun
Jul 5
Mon
Jul 6
Tue
Jul 7
Wed
Jul 8
Thu
Jul 9
Rain Rain Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day
91° 79° 92° 81° 93° 81° 93° 81° 93° 81°
48% Rain probability 52% Rain probability 30% Rain probability 15% Rain probability 8% Rain probability
7 223 degrees 8 215 degrees 7 241 degrees 7 280 degrees 8 277 degrees

Lowest Price Rental Cars in Clayton, DE

Planning on renting a car to go from Clayton, DE to TPA Airport? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Clayton, DE:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Clayton »

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Clayton, DE and TPA Airport in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 875.65 mi 1,409.23 km 760.92 nautical mi
Driving distance 1,006 mi 1,619.28 km 874.34 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips