Distance from Clearwater, FL to Alachua, FL

Distance

166 mi

Time

3 hours 12 mins

Gas Cost

$12 - $24

Loading Clearwater - Alachua Route Map

Report an error

There are 127.64 miles from Clearwater to Alachua in north direction and 166 miles (267.15 kilometers) by car, following the I-275 route.

Clearwater and Alachua are 3 hours 12 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Clearwater, FL to Alachua, FL. The halfway point is Sumterville, FL.

Clearwater, FL and Alachua, FL are in the same time zone (Eastern Daylight Time). Current time in both locations is 12:32 am.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Clearwater, FL to Alachua, FL:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 7.68 gallons of gas to cover the route between Clearwater, FL and Alachua, FL.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Clearwater to Alachua is $19.66.

During the route, an average car will release 150.47 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Halfway Point Between Clearwater, FL and Alachua, FL

If you want to meet halfway between Clearwater, FL and Alachua, FL or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 28.723368 and -82.115067, or 28º 43' 24.1248" N, 82º 6' 54.2412" W. This location is 82.94 miles away from Clearwater, FL and Alachua, FL and it would take approximately 1 hour 36 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest city or town to the halfway point is Sumterville, FL, situated 87.72 miles from Clearwater, FL and 83.77 miles from Alachua, FL. It would take 1 hour 49 mins to go from Clearwater to Sumterville and 1 hour 33 mins to go from Alachua to Sumterville.

Major Cities Along the Route

Some major cities along the route include Gainesville, FL, and Tampa, FL.

Best Hotels In or Near Alachua, FL

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Alachua, FL? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Lowest Price Rental Cars in Clearwater, FL

Planning on renting a car to go from Clearwater, FL to Alachua, FL? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Clearwater, FL:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Clearwater »

Weather in Clearwater and Alachua

Clearwater

Rain today and tomorrow, with temperatures bottoming out at 68°F on Saturday.

Thu
Nov 23
Fri
Nov 24
Sat
Nov 25
Sun
Nov 26
Mon
Nov 27
Rain Rain Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Clear day
71° 65° 69° 63° 68° 60° 69° 61° 71° 57°
98% Rain probability 86% Rain probability 11% Rain probability 0% Rain probability 6% Rain probability
5 99 degrees 10 30 degrees 8 354 degrees 10 10 degrees 12 44 degrees

Alachua

Rain today and tomorrow, with temperatures rising to 74°F on Tuesday.

Thu
Nov 23
Fri
Nov 24
Sat
Nov 25
Sun
Nov 26
Mon
Nov 27
Rain Rain Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Clear day
63° 60° 63° 55° 68° 49° 66° 47° 67° 42°
100% Rain probability 92% Rain probability 8% Rain probability 0% Rain probability 7% Rain probability
9 35 degrees 8 16 degrees 4 312 degrees 5 3 degrees 5 37 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Clearwater, FL and Alachua, FL in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 127.64 mi 205.42 km 110.92 nautical mi
Driving distance 166 mi 267.15 km 144.25 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips


Please type your origin and destination and pick one of the options.

Origin and destination have to be different.

Distance between and