Distance from Copper Harbor, MI to Mackinac Island, MI

Distance

336 mi

Time

6 hours 52 mins

Gas Cost

$19 - $37

There are 190.11 miles from Copper Harbor to Mackinac Island in southeast direction and 336 miles (540.74 kilometers) by car and ferry, following the US-2 route.

Copper Harbor and Mackinac Island are 6 hours 52 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop for 6 hours 4 mins and take a ferry for 48 minutes .

This is the fastest route from Copper Harbor, MI to Mackinac Island, MI. The halfway point is Limestone, MI.

Copper Harbor, MI and Mackinac Island, MI are in the same time zone (EDT). Current time in both locations is 10:06 am.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Copper Harbor, MI to Mackinac Island, MI:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with a fuel efficiency of MPG will need 13.51 gallons of gas to cover the route between Copper Harbor, MI and Mackinac Island, MI.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Copper Harbor to Mackinac Island is $26.49.

During the route, an average car will release 264.75 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. The carbon footprint would be 0.79 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Best Hotels In or Near Mackinac Island, MI

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Mackinac Island, MI? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Halfway Point Between Copper Harbor, MI and Mackinac Island, MI

If you want to meet halfway between Copper Harbor, MI and Mackinac Island, MI or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 46.263515 and -87.111763, or 46º 15' 48.654" N, 87º 6' 42.3468" W. This location is 168.24 miles away from Copper Harbor, MI and Mackinac Island, MI and it would take approximately 3 hours 26 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Limestone, MI, situated 176 miles from Copper Harbor, MI and 162 miles from Mackinac Island, MI. It would take 4 hours 12 mins to go from Copper Harbor to Limestone and 3 hours 28 mins to go from Mackinac Island to Limestone.



Weather in Copper Harbor and Mackinac Island

Compare the weather today and the next four days in Copper Harbor, MI and Mackinac Island, MI:

Copper Harbor

Rain on Wednesday.

Fri
May 29
Sat
May 30
Sun
May 31
Mon
Jun 1
Tue
Jun 2
Partly cloudy day Clear day Clear day Partly cloudy day Fog
52° 42° 50° 40° 54° 44° 54° 44° 55° 45°
16% Rain probability 14% Rain probability 5% Rain probability 4% Rain probability 14% Rain probability
14 312 degrees 11 311 degrees 10 252 degrees 10 204 degrees 10 199 degrees

Mackinac Island

Rain today through Wednesday.

Fri
May 29
Sat
May 30
Sun
May 31
Mon
Jun 1
Tue
Jun 2
Rain Clear day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Rain
58° 49° 50° 44° 55° 43° 59° 45° 59° 50°
91% Rain probability 9% Rain probability 10% Rain probability 1% Rain probability 58% Rain probability
9 281 degrees 13 317 degrees 10 270 degrees 9 245 degrees 7 192 degrees

Lowest Price Rental Cars in Copper Harbor, MI

Planning on renting a car to go from Copper Harbor, MI to Mackinac Island, MI? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Copper Harbor, MI:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Copper Harbor »

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Copper Harbor, MI and Mackinac Island, MI in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 190.11 mi 305.95 km 165.20 nautical mi
Driving distance 336 mi 541.51 km 292.39 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips