Distance from Des Moines, IA to Indianapolis, IN

Distance

496 mi

Time

7 hours 13 mins

Gas Cost

$34 - $65

Loading Des Moines - Indianapolis Route Map

There are 410.24 miles from Des Moines to Indianapolis in southeast direction and 495.81 miles (797.93 kilometers) by car, following the I-80 route.

Des Moines and Indianapolis are 7 hours 13 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Des Moines, IA to Indianapolis, IN. The halfway point is Finding halfway point from Des Moines, IA to Indianapolis, IN.

Please note the time difference between Des Moines, IA and Indianapolis, IN is 1 hour. The current time in Des Moines is 5:17 pm and the current time in Indianapolis is 6:17 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Des Moines, IA to Indianapolis, IN:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 22.95 gallons of gas to cover the route between Des Moines, IA and Indianapolis, IN.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Des Moines to Indianapolis is $54.40.

During the route, an average car will release 449.72 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Best Hotels In or Near Indianapolis, IN

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Indianapolis, IN? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Lowest Price Rental Cars in Des Moines, IA

Planning on renting a car to go from Des Moines, IA to Indianapolis, IN? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Des Moines, IA:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Des Moines »

Weather in Des Moines, IA and Indianapolis, IN

Des Moines, IA

Rain throughout the week, with temperatures bottoming out at 72°F on Sunday.

Fri
Jun 23
Sat
Jun 24
Sun
Jun 25
Mon
Jun 26
Tue
Jun 27
Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Clear day Partly cloudy day
75° 65° 75° 56° 72° 53° 73° 51° 80° 54°
37% Rain probability 0% Rain probability 0% Rain probability 1% Rain probability 0% Rain probability
11 323 degrees 11 300 degrees 11 308 degrees 4 307 degrees 10 179 degrees

Indianapolis, IN

Rain today and Thursday, with temperatures bottoming out at 69°F on Monday.

Fri
Jun 23
Sat
Jun 24
Sun
Jun 25
Mon
Jun 26
Tue
Jun 27
Rain Partly cloudy day Clear day Clear day Clear day
78° 67° 75° 62° 72° 57° 69° 56° 73° 51°
98% Rain probability 2% Rain probability 1% Rain probability 2% Rain probability 0% Rain probability
8 227 degrees 9 301 degrees 9 276 degrees 9 295 degrees 3 282 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Des Moines, IA and Indianapolis, IN in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 410.24 mi 660.22 km 356.49 nautical mi
Driving distance 495.81 mi 797.93 km 430.85 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips


Please type your origin and destination and pick one of the options.

Origin and destination have to be different.

Distance between and