Distance from Gainesville, FL to Defuniak Springs, FL

Distance

267 mi

Time

4 hours 56 mins

Gas Cost

$20 - $38

Loading Gainesville - Defuniak Springs Route Map

Report an error

There are 238.11 miles from Gainesville to Defuniak Springs in northwest direction and 267 miles (429.69 kilometers) by car, following the I-10 route.

Gainesville and Defuniak Springs are 4 hours 56 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Gainesville, FL to Defuniak Springs, FL. The halfway point is Lloyd, FL.

Please note the time difference between Gainesville, FL and Defuniak Springs, FL is 1 hour. The current time in Gainesville is 4:18 am and the current time in Defuniak Springs is 3:18 am.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Gainesville, FL to Defuniak Springs, FL:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 12.36 gallons of gas to cover the route between Gainesville, FL and Defuniak Springs, FL.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Gainesville to Defuniak Springs is $31.65.

During the route, an average car will release 242.19 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Halfway Point Between Gainesville, FL and Defuniak Springs, FL

If you want to meet halfway between Gainesville, FL and Defuniak Springs, FL or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 30.481712 and -84.072121, or 30º 28' 54.1632" N, 84º 4' 19.6356" W. This location is 133.51 miles away from Gainesville, FL and Defuniak Springs, FL and it would take approximately 2 hours 28 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest city or town to the halfway point is Lloyd, FL, situated 133.65 miles from Gainesville, FL and 135.16 miles from Defuniak Springs, FL. It would take 2 hours 32 mins to go from Gainesville to Lloyd and 2 hours 28 mins to go from Defuniak Springs to Lloyd.

Major City Closest to Halfway Point

The major city closest to the halfway point between Gainesville, FL and Defuniak Springs, FL is Tallahassee, FL, situated 149.38 miles from Gainesville, FL and 120.97 miles from Defuniak Springs, FL. It would take 2 hours 55 mins to go from Gainesville to and 2 hours 17 mins to go from Defuniak Springs to Tallahassee.


Best Hotels In or Near Defuniak Springs, FL

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Defuniak Springs, FL? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Lowest Price Rental Cars in Gainesville, FL

Planning on renting a car to go from Gainesville, FL to Defuniak Springs, FL? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Gainesville, FL:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Gainesville »

Weather in Gainesville and Defuniak Springs

Gainesville

Rain tomorrow through next Wednesday, with temperatures rising to 74°F next Wednesday.

Wed
Nov 22
Thu
Nov 23
Fri
Nov 24
Sat
Nov 25
Sun
Nov 26
Partly cloudy day Rain Rain Partly cloudy day Clear day
70° 60° 66° 60° 69° 60° 68° 57° 66° 52°
36% Rain probability 98% Rain probability 96% Rain probability 60% Rain probability 0% Rain probability
4 44 degrees 7 47 degrees 9 27 degrees 6 324 degrees 5 330 degrees

Defuniak Springs

No precipitation throughout the week, with temperatures bottoming out at 63°F on Friday.

Wed
Nov 22
Thu
Nov 23
Fri
Nov 24
Sat
Nov 25
Sun
Nov 26
Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day
68° 54° 67° 49° 63° 50° 72° 49° 66° 44°
15% Rain probability 22% Rain probability 62% Rain probability 16% Rain probability 0% Rain probability
7 9 degrees 8 24 degrees 7 25 degrees 4 322 degrees 7 353 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Gainesville, FL and Defuniak Springs, FL in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 238.11 mi 383.20 km 206.91 nautical mi
Driving distance 267 mi 429.69 km 232.02 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips


Please type your origin and destination and pick one of the options.

Origin and destination have to be different.

Distance between and