Distance from Huntsville, AL to Amalia, NM

Distance

1,293 mi

Time

20 hours 1 min

Gas Cost

$106 - $206

Loading Huntsville - Amalia Route Map

Route map between Huntsville and Amalia Show Map

Report an error

There are 1,066.05 miles from Huntsville to Amalia in west direction and 1,293 miles (2,080.88 kilometers) by car, following the I-40 route.

Huntsville and Amalia are 20 hours 1 min far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Huntsville, AL to Amalia, NM. The halfway point is Prague, OK.

Please note the time difference between Huntsville, AL and Amalia, NM is 1 hour. The current time in Huntsville is 3:46 pm and the current time in Amalia is 2:46 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Huntsville, AL to Amalia, NM:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 59.85 gallons of gas to cover the route between Huntsville, AL and Amalia, NM.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Huntsville to Amalia is $171.78.

During the route, an average car will release 1,172.68 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Halfway Point Between Huntsville, AL and Amalia, NM

If you want to meet halfway between Huntsville, AL and Amalia, NM or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 35.39212 and -96.774831, or 35º 23' 31.632" N, 96º 46' 29.3916" W. This location is 646.43 miles away from Huntsville, AL and Amalia, NM and it would take approximately 10 hours to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Prague, OK, situated 637.56 miles from Huntsville, AL and 670.27 miles from Amalia, NM. It would take 9 hours 50 mins to go from Huntsville to Prague and 10 hours 35 mins to go from Amalia to Prague.

Major Cities Along the Route

Some major cities along the route include Amarillo, TX, Memphis, TN, Little Rock, AR and Oklahoma City, OK.


Best Hotels In or Near Amalia, NM

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Amalia, NM? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Lowest Price Rental Cars in Huntsville, AL

Planning on renting a car to go from Huntsville, AL to Amalia, NM? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Huntsville, AL:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Huntsville »

Weather in Huntsville and Amalia

Huntsville

Light rain throughout the week, with high temperatures bottoming out at 76°F on Wednesday.

Fri
May 25
Sat
May 26
Sun
May 27
Mon
May 28
Tue
May 29
Rain Partly cloudy day Cloudy Partly cloudy day Rain
85° 70° 84° 70° 82° 71° 81° 68° 79° 70°
69% Rain probability 73% Rain probability 39% Rain probability 61% Rain probability 63% Rain probability
3 165 degrees 4 180 degrees 5 128 degrees 9 102 degrees 7 119 degrees

Amalia

No precipitation throughout the week, with high temperatures bottoming out at 75°F on Wednesday.

Fri
May 25
Sat
May 26
Sun
May 27
Mon
May 28
Tue
May 29
Clear day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Clear day Partly cloudy day
80° 45° 81° 47° 79° 51° 79° 43° 78° 40°
6% Rain probability 0% Rain probability 16% Rain probability 6% Rain probability 4% Rain probability
4 241 degrees 8 203 degrees 11 207 degrees 8 217 degrees 7 248 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Huntsville, AL and Amalia, NM in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 1,066.05 mi 1.61 km 0.87 nautical mi
Driving distance 1,293 mi 1.61 km 0.87 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips


Please type your origin and destination and pick one of the options.

Origin and destination have to be different.

Distance between and