Distance from Huntsville, AL to Helotes, TX

Distance

979 mi

Time

14 hours 42 mins

Gas Cost

$71 - $139

Report an error

There are 791.67 miles from Huntsville to Helotes in southwest direction and 979 miles (1,575.55 kilometers) by car, following the I-10 route.

Huntsville and Helotes are 14 hours 42 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Huntsville, AL to Helotes, TX. The halfway point is Brusly, LA.

Huntsville, AL and Helotes, TX are in the same time zone (CDT). Current time in both locations is 5:32 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Huntsville, AL to Helotes, TX:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 45.33 gallons of gas to cover the route between Huntsville, AL and Helotes, TX.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Huntsville to Helotes is $115.60.

During the route, an average car will release 888.20 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.

Best Hotels In or Near Helotes, TX

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Helotes, TX? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Halfway Point Between Huntsville, AL and Helotes, TX

If you want to meet halfway between Huntsville, AL and Helotes, TX or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 30.451582 and -91.297562, or 30º 27' 5.6952" N, 91º 17' 51.2232" W. This location is 489.61 miles away from Huntsville, AL and Helotes, TX and it would take approximately 7 hours 21 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Brusly, LA, situated 504.38 miles from Huntsville, AL and 484.81 miles from Helotes, TX. It would take 7 hours 34 mins to go from Huntsville to Brusly and 7 hours 18 mins to go from Helotes to Brusly.

Major City Closest to Halfway Point

The major city closest to the halfway point between Huntsville, AL and Helotes, TX is Baton Rouge, LA, situated 496.93 miles from Huntsville, AL and 485.55 miles from Helotes, TX. It would take 7 hours 27 mins to go from Huntsville to and 7 hours 20 mins to go from Helotes to Baton Rouge.

Major Cities Along the Route

Some other major cities along the route include Lafayette, LA,Beaumont, TX, and Houston, TX.


Lowest Price Rental Cars in Huntsville, AL

Planning on renting a car to go from Huntsville, AL to Helotes, TX? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Huntsville, AL:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Huntsville »

Weather in Huntsville and Helotes

Huntsville

No precipitation throughout the week, with high temperatures falling to 86°F on Friday.

Sun
Sep 15
Mon
Sep 16
Tue
Sep 17
Wed
Sep 18
Thu
Sep 19
Partly cloudy day Clear day Clear day Clear day Clear day
93° 70° 94° 67° 92° 68° 93° 70° 87° 73°
4% Rain probability 0% Rain probability 1% Rain probability 1% Rain probability 1% Rain probability
3 46 degrees 3 32 degrees 5 0 degrees 4 72 degrees 8 134 degrees

Helotes

Light rain on Tuesday through Friday, with high temperatures falling to 84°F on Friday.

Sun
Sep 15
Mon
Sep 16
Tue
Sep 17
Wed
Sep 18
Thu
Sep 19
Clear day Partly cloudy day Rain Rain Rain
92° 70° 92° 72° 89° 73° 87° 73° 89° 73°
3% Rain probability 2% Rain probability 32% Rain probability 68% Rain probability 69% Rain probability
6 86 degrees 7 76 degrees 9 81 degrees 6 92 degrees 6 65 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Huntsville, AL and Helotes, TX in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 791.67 mi 1,274.07 km 687.94 nautical mi
Driving distance 979 mi 1,575.91 km 850.92 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips