Distance from Indiana, PA to Washington, DC

Distance

212 mi

Time

3 hours 38 mins

Gas Cost

$20 - $40

There are 163.25 miles from Indiana to Washington in southeast direction and 212 miles (341.18 kilometers) by car, following the I-70 route.

Indiana and Washington are 3 hours 38 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop .

This is the fastest route from Indiana, PA to Washington, DC. The halfway point is Needmore, PA.

Indiana, PA and Washington, DC are in the same time zone (EDT). Current time in both locations is 5:43 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Indiana, PA to Washington, DC:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with a fuel efficiency of MPG will need 8.51 gallons of gas to cover the route between Indiana, PA and Washington, DC.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Indiana to Washington is $28.58.

During the route, an average car will release 166.78 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. The carbon footprint would be 0.79 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Best Hotels In or Near Washington, DC

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Washington, DC? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Halfway Point Between Indiana, PA and Washington, DC

If you want to meet halfway between Indiana, PA and Washington, DC or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 39.831112 and -78.274628, or 39º 49' 52.0032" N, 78º 16' 28.6608" W. This location is 105.98 miles away from Indiana, PA and Washington, DC and it would take approximately 1 hour 49 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Needmore, PA, situated 113 miles from Indiana, PA and 105 miles from Washington, DC. It would take 2 hours 4 mins to go from Indiana to Needmore and 1 hour 50 mins to go from Washington to Needmore.

Major Cities Along the Route

The only major city along the route is Arlington, VA.



Weather in Indiana and Washington

Compare the weather today and the next four days in Indiana, PA and Washington, DC:

Indiana

Rain today through Thursday.

Sat
Dec 3
Sun
Dec 4
Mon
Dec 5
Tue
Dec 6
Wed
Dec 7
Rain Clear day Partly cloudy day Rain Rain
54° 29° 38° 25° 48° 24° 48° 37° 58° 47°
96% Rain probability 0% Rain probability 10% Rain probability 90% Rain probability 91% Rain probability
12 244 degrees 6 245 degrees 6 156 degrees 5 135 degrees 4 193 degrees

Washington

Rain today through Thursday.

Sat
Dec 3
Sun
Dec 4
Mon
Dec 5
Tue
Dec 6
Wed
Dec 7
Rain Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Rain Rain
59° 46° 47° 34° 49° 33° 53° 42° 56° 47°
96% Rain probability 0% Rain probability 2% Rain probability 97% Rain probability 56% Rain probability
11 225 degrees 5 322 degrees 4 162 degrees 4 170 degrees 3 207 degrees

Lowest Price Rental Cars in Indiana, PA

Planning on renting a car to go from Indiana, PA to Washington, DC? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Indiana, PA:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Indiana »

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Indiana, PA and Washington, DC in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 163.25 mi 262.73 km 141.86 nautical mi
Driving distance 212 mi 341.12 km 184.19 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips