Distance from Indianapolis, IN to Boston, MA

Distance

940 mi

Time

13 hours 17 mins

Gas Cost

$64 - $124

Loading Indianapolis - Boston Route Map

There are 805.54 miles from Indianapolis to Boston in northeast direction and 939.53 miles (1,512.03 kilometers) by car, following the I-80 and SR 11 route.

Indianapolis and Boston are 13 hours 17 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Indianapolis, IN to Boston, MA. The halfway point is Finding halfway point from Indianapolis, IN to Boston, MA.

Indianapolis, IN and Boston, MA are in the same time zone (EDT). Current time in both locations is 6:27 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Indianapolis, IN to Boston, MA:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 43.50 gallons of gas to cover the route between Indianapolis, IN and Boston, MA.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Indianapolis to Boston is $103.09.

During the route, an average car will release 852.19 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Best Hotels In or Near Boston, MA

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Boston, MA? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Lowest Price Rental Cars in Indianapolis, IN

Planning on renting a car to go from Indianapolis, IN to Boston, MA? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Indianapolis, IN:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Indianapolis »

Weather in Indianapolis, IN and Boston, MA

Indianapolis, IN

Rain today and Thursday, with temperatures bottoming out at 69°F on Monday.

Fri
Jun 23
Sat
Jun 24
Sun
Jun 25
Mon
Jun 26
Tue
Jun 27
Rain Partly cloudy day Clear day Clear day Clear day
78° 67° 75° 62° 72° 57° 69° 56° 73° 51°
98% Rain probability 2% Rain probability 1% Rain probability 2% Rain probability 0% Rain probability
8 227 degrees 9 301 degrees 9 276 degrees 9 295 degrees 3 282 degrees

Boston, MA

Light rain tomorrow through next Friday, with temperatures bottoming out at 77°F on Tuesday.

Fri
Jun 23
Sat
Jun 24
Sun
Jun 25
Mon
Jun 26
Tue
Jun 27
Rain Rain Rain Partly cloudy day Rain
85° 68° 82° 71° 82° 66° 77° 59° 77° 57°
3% Rain probability 59% Rain probability 8% Rain probability 7% Rain probability 7% Rain probability
10 207 degrees 7 239 degrees 7 259 degrees 6 247 degrees 3 233 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Indianapolis, IN and Boston, MA in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 805.54 mi 1,296.39 km 699.99 nautical mi
Driving distance 939.53 mi 1,512.02 km 816.43 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips


Please type your origin and destination and pick one of the options.

Origin and destination have to be different.

Distance between and