Distance from Jacksonville, FL to Columbia, SC

Distance

291 mi

Time

5 hours 18 mins

Gas Cost

$21 - $41

Loading Jacksonville - Columbia Route Map

Report an error

There are 256.05 miles from Jacksonville to Columbia in north direction and 291 miles (468.32 kilometers) by car, following the I-95 route.

Jacksonville and Columbia are 5 hours 18 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Jacksonville, FL to Columbia, SC. The halfway point is Hardeeville, SC.

Jacksonville, FL and Columbia, SC are in the same time zone (Eastern Daylight Time). Current time in both locations is 4:35 am.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Jacksonville, FL to Columbia, SC:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 13.46 gallons of gas to cover the route between Jacksonville, FL and Columbia, SC.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Jacksonville to Columbia is $34.45.

During the route, an average car will release 263.63 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Halfway Point Between Jacksonville, FL and Columbia, SC

If you want to meet halfway between Jacksonville, FL and Columbia, SC or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 32.277370 and -81.077522, or 32º 16' 38.532" N, 81º 4' 39.0792" W. This location is 145.32 miles away from Jacksonville, FL and Columbia, SC and it would take approximately 2 hours 39 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest city or town to the halfway point is Hardeeville, SC, situated 148.9 miles from Jacksonville, FL and 142.43 miles from Columbia, SC. It would take 2 hours 44 mins to go from Jacksonville to Hardeeville and 2 hours 36 mins to go from Columbia to Hardeeville.

Major City Closest to Halfway Point

The major city closest to the halfway point between Jacksonville, FL and Columbia, SC is Savannah, GA, situated 138.82 miles from Jacksonville, FL and 158.54 miles from Columbia, SC. It would take 2 hours 34 mins to go from Jacksonville to and 2 hours 57 mins to go from Columbia to Savannah.


Best Hotels In or Near Columbia, SC

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Columbia, SC? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Lowest Price Rental Cars in Jacksonville, FL

Planning on renting a car to go from Jacksonville, FL to Columbia, SC? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Jacksonville, FL:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Jacksonville »

Weather in Jacksonville and Columbia

Jacksonville

Rain tomorrow and Thursday, with temperatures falling to 62°F on Thursday.

Mon
Nov 20
Tue
Nov 21
Wed
Nov 22
Thu
Nov 23
Fri
Nov 24
Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Rain Rain Partly cloudy day
68° 47° 73° 64° 69° 62° 62° 56° 64° 49°
8% Rain probability 62% Rain probability 59% Rain probability 91% Rain probability 12% Rain probability
6 61 degrees 6 115 degrees 6 25 degrees 11 23 degrees 8 19 degrees

Columbia

Light rain tomorrow, with temperatures peaking at 65°F on Wednesday.

Mon
Nov 20
Tue
Nov 21
Wed
Nov 22
Thu
Nov 23
Fri
Nov 24
Partly cloudy day Fog Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Clear day
57° 35° 63° 42° 65° 51° 51° 36° 60° 33°
11% Rain probability 52% Rain probability 31% Rain probability 17% Rain probability 0% Rain probability
3 90 degrees 4 81 degrees 7 15 degrees 8 49 degrees 2 75 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Jacksonville, FL and Columbia, SC in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 256.05 mi 412.07 km 222.50 nautical mi
Driving distance 291 mi 468.32 km 252.87 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips


Please type your origin and destination and pick one of the options.

Origin and destination have to be different.

Distance between and