Distance from La Crosse, WI to IAH Airport

Distance

1,203 mi

Time

18 hours 53 mins

Gas Cost

$75 - $145

There are 980.40 miles from La Crosse to George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) in southwest direction and 1,203 miles (1,936.04 kilometers) by car, following the I-35 S route.

La Crosse and IAH Airport are 18 hours 53 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop .

This is the fastest route from La Crosse, WI to IAH Airport. The halfway point is Lamar, MO.

La Crosse, WI and IAH Airport are in the same time zone (CDT). Current time in both locations is 1:26 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from La Crosse, WI to IAH Airport:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with a fuel efficiency of MPG will need 48.32 gallons of gas to cover the route between La Crosse, WI and IAH Airport.

The estimated cost of gas to go from La Crosse to IAH Airport is $104.87.

During the route, an average car will release 946.78 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. The carbon footprint would be 0.79 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Best Hotels In or Near IAH Airport

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to IAH Airport? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Halfway Point Between La Crosse, WI and IAH Airport

If you want to meet halfway between La Crosse, WI and IAH Airport or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 37.504616 and -94.313042, or 37º 30' 16.6176" N, 94º 18' 46.9512" W. This location is 601.65 miles away from La Crosse, WI and IAH Airport and it would take approximately 9 hours 26 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Lamar, MO, situated 584 miles from La Crosse, WI and 619 miles from IAH Airport. It would take 8 hours 50 mins to go from La Crosse to Lamar and 10 hours 8 mins to go from IAH to Lamar.

Major Cities Along the Route

Some major cities along the route include Des Moines, IA,Independence, MO,Kansas City, MO,The Woodlands, TX,McKinney, TX,Frisco, TX,Plano, TX,Richardson, TX, and Dallas, TX.


Weather in La Crosse and IAH

Compare the weather today and the next four days in La Crosse, WI and IAH Airport:

La Crosse

Snow tomorrow through Wednesday.

Sat
Oct 24
Sun
Oct 25
Mon
Oct 26
Tue
Oct 27
Wed
Oct 28
Cloudy Snow Snow Clear day Snow
38° 25° 36° 29° 36° 22° 36° 15° 47° 23°
17% Rain probability 80% Rain probability 45% Rain probability 3% Rain probability 46% Rain probability
6 354 degrees 7 13 degrees 9 328 degrees 7 232 degrees 10 238 degrees

IAH

Light rain on Wednesday.

Sat
Oct 24
Sun
Oct 25
Mon
Oct 26
Tue
Oct 27
Wed
Oct 28
Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Rain
71° 54° 82° 59° 84° 62° 76° 59° 70° 52°
4% Rain probability 4% Rain probability 9% Rain probability 9% Rain probability 91% Rain probability
8 346 degrees 6 148 degrees 8 111 degrees 8 356 degrees 9 358 degrees

Lowest Price Rental Cars in La Crosse, WI

Planning on renting a car to go from La Crosse, WI to IAH Airport? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near La Crosse, WI:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in La Crosse »

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between La Crosse, WI and IAH Airport in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 980.40 mi 1,577.80 km 851.95 nautical mi
Driving distance 1,203 mi 1,936.51 km 1,045.63 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips