Distance from Mason, WI to Alta, WY

Distance

1,255 mi

Time

20 hours 57 mins

Gas Cost

$76 - $148

There are 989.06 miles from Mason to Alta in west direction and 1,255 miles (2,019.73 kilometers) by car, following the I-94 W and US-83 N route.

Mason and Alta are 20 hours 57 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop .

This is the fastest route from Mason, WI to Alta, WY. The halfway point is Gladstone, ND.

Please note the time difference between Mason, WI and Alta, WY is 1 hour. The current time in Mason is 12:20 pm and the current time in Alta is 11:20 am.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Mason, WI to Alta, WY:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with a fuel efficiency of MPG will need 50.39 gallons of gas to cover the route between Mason, WI and Alta, WY.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Mason to Alta is $106.83.

During the route, an average car will release 987.26 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. The carbon footprint would be 0.79 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Best Hotels In or Near Alta, WY

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Alta, WY? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Halfway Point Between Mason, WI and Alta, WY

If you want to meet halfway between Mason, WI and Alta, WY or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 46.865028 and -102.506348, or 46º 51' 54.1008" N, 102º 30' 22.8528" W. This location is 627.37 miles away from Mason, WI and Alta, WY and it would take approximately 10 hours 28 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Gladstone, ND, situated 598 miles from Mason, WI and 660 miles from Alta, WY. It would take 9 hours 55 mins to go from Mason to Gladstone and 11 hours 10 mins to go from Alta to Gladstone.

Major Cities Along the Route

Some major cities along the route include Billings, MT, and Fargo, ND.


Weather in Mason and Alta

Compare the weather today and the next four days in Mason, WI and Alta, WY:

Mason

Mixed precipitation on Thursday through next Tuesday.

Tue
Mar 31
Wed
Apr 1
Thu
Apr 2
Fri
Apr 3
Sat
Apr 4
Fog Cloudy Rain Rain Clear day
39° 25° 50° 30° 54° 35° 57° 32° 48° 24°
7% Rain probability 27% Rain probability 98% Rain probability 98% Rain probability 28% Rain probability
7 50 degrees 6 103 degrees 7 125 degrees 9 180 degrees 6 289 degrees

Alta

Mixed precipitation throughout the week.

Tue
Mar 31
Wed
Apr 1
Thu
Apr 2
Fri
Apr 3
Sat
Apr 4
Rain Snow Snow Snow Snow
38° 28° 35° 16° 32° 14° 35° 14° 46° 26°
81% Rain probability 67% Rain probability 62% Rain probability 48% Rain probability 52% Rain probability
14 231 degrees 6 233 degrees 6 210 degrees 7 196 degrees 5 189 degrees

Lowest Price Rental Cars in Mason, WI

Planning on renting a car to go from Mason, WI to Alta, WY? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Mason, WI:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Mason »

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Mason, WI and Alta, WY in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 989.06 mi 1,591.73 km 859.47 nautical mi
Driving distance 1,255 mi 2,019.30 km 1,090.34 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips