Distance from New Castle, DE to Alton, KS

Distance

1,408 mi

Time

21 hours 24 mins

Gas Cost

$79 - $153

There are 1,241.89 miles from New Castle to Alton in west direction and 1,408 miles (2,265.96 kilometers) by car, following the I-70 route.

New Castle and Alton are 21 hours 24 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop .

This is the fastest route from New Castle, DE to Alton, KS. The halfway point is Brazil, IN.

Please note the time difference between New Castle, DE and Alton, KS is 1 hour. The current time in New Castle is 5:19 am and the current time in Alton is 4:19 am.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from New Castle, DE to Alton, KS:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with a fuel efficiency of MPG will need 56.54 gallons of gas to cover the route between New Castle, DE and Alton, KS.

The estimated cost of gas to go from New Castle to Alton is $110.82.

During the route, an average car will release 1,107.78 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. The carbon footprint would be 0.79 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Best Hotels In or Near Alton, KS

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Alton, KS? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Halfway Point Between New Castle, DE and Alton, KS

If you want to meet halfway between New Castle, DE and Alton, KS or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 39.508877 and -87.151741, or 39º 30' 31.9572" N, 87º 9' 6.2676" W. This location is 703.95 miles away from New Castle, DE and Alton, KS and it would take approximately 10 hours 42 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Brazil, IN, situated 725 miles from New Castle, DE and 703 miles from Alton, KS. It would take 11 hours 3 mins to go from New Castle to Brazil and 10 hours 52 mins to go from Alton to Brazil.

Major Cities Along the Route

Some major cities along the route include Indianapolis, IN,Columbia, MO,Independence, MO,Kansas City, MO,Overland Park, KS,Olathe, KS, and Topeka, KS.


Weather in New Castle and Alton

Compare the weather today and the next four days in New Castle, DE and Alton, KS:

New Castle

Rain on Wednesday through next Sunday.

Sun
Jun 7
Mon
Jun 8
Tue
Jun 9
Wed
Jun 10
Thu
Jun 11
Clear day Clear day Clear day Rain Rain
78° 64° 78° 59° 84° 61° 83° 66° 80° 69°
5% Rain probability 3% Rain probability 1% Rain probability 43% Rain probability 56% Rain probability
8 341 degrees 6 336 degrees 6 206 degrees 10 175 degrees 8 268 degrees

Alton

Rain on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Sun
Jun 7
Mon
Jun 8
Tue
Jun 9
Wed
Jun 10
Thu
Jun 11
Wind Wind Rain Rain Clear day
95° 73° 95° 73° 81° 57° 81° 53° 91° 56°
1% Rain probability 4% Rain probability 87% Rain probability 68% Rain probability 1% Rain probability
21 169 degrees 19 163 degrees 18 322 degrees 13 297 degrees 7 117 degrees

Lowest Price Rental Cars in New Castle, DE

Planning on renting a car to go from New Castle, DE to Alton, KS? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near New Castle, DE:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in New Castle »

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between New Castle, DE and Alton, KS in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 1,241.89 mi 1,998.63 km 1,079.17 nautical mi
Driving distance 1,408 mi 2,265.79 km 1,223.43 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips