Distance from New Castle, DE to Ampthill, VA

Distance

223 mi

Time

3 hours 49 mins

Gas Cost

$13 - $25

There are 183.94 miles from New Castle to Ampthill in southwest direction and 223 miles (358.88 kilometers) by car, following the I-395 S route.

New Castle and Ampthill are 3 hours 49 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop .

This is the fastest route from New Castle, DE to Ampthill, VA. The halfway point is Capitol Heights, MD.

New Castle, DE and Ampthill, VA are in the same time zone (EDT). Current time in both locations is 2:10 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from New Castle, DE to Ampthill, VA:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with a fuel efficiency of MPG will need 8.97 gallons of gas to cover the route between New Castle, DE and Ampthill, VA.

The estimated cost of gas to go from New Castle to Ampthill is $18.04.

During the route, an average car will release 175.84 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. The carbon footprint would be 0.79 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Best Hotels In or Near Ampthill, VA

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Ampthill, VA? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Halfway Point Between New Castle, DE and Ampthill, VA

If you want to meet halfway between New Castle, DE and Ampthill, VA or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 38.876888 and -76.969055, or 38º 52' 36.7968" N, 76º 58' 8.598" W. This location is 111.74 miles away from New Castle, DE and Ampthill, VA and it would take approximately 1 hour 54 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Capitol Heights, MD, situated 103 miles from New Castle, DE and 120 miles from Ampthill, VA. It would take 1 hour 50 mins to go from New Castle to Capitol Heights and 2 hours 6 mins to go from Ampthill to Capitol Heights.

Major City Closest to Halfway Point

The major city closest to the halfway point between New Castle, DE and Ampthill, VA is Washington, DC, situated 106 miles from New Castle, DE and 115 miles from Ampthill, VA. It would take 1 hour 54 mins to go from New Castle to and 1 hour 58 mins to go from Ampthill to Washington.

Major Cities Along the Route

Some other major cities along the route include Baltimore, MD,Arlington, VA,Alexandria, VA, and Richmond, VA.


Weather in New Castle and Ampthill

Compare the weather today and the next four days in New Castle, DE and Ampthill, VA:

New Castle

Rain on Sunday through next Friday.

Fri
Apr 10
Sat
Apr 11
Sun
Apr 12
Mon
Apr 13
Tue
Apr 14
Partly cloudy day Clear day Rain Rain Clear day
52° 39° 58° 37° 70° 43° 76° 57° 59° 44°
32% Rain probability 4% Rain probability 67% Rain probability 99% Rain probability 1% Rain probability
18 289 degrees 10 285 degrees 10 177 degrees 20 190 degrees 12 293 degrees

Ampthill

Rain on Sunday through next Friday.

Fri
Apr 10
Sat
Apr 11
Sun
Apr 12
Mon
Apr 13
Tue
Apr 14
Clear day Clear day Rain Rain Clear day
57° 44° 64° 40° 70° 50° 82° 59° 60° 48°
8% Rain probability 3% Rain probability 80% Rain probability 91% Rain probability 13% Rain probability
12 296 degrees 7 261 degrees 10 177 degrees 17 204 degrees 7 338 degrees

Lowest Price Rental Cars in New Castle, DE

Planning on renting a car to go from New Castle, DE to Ampthill, VA? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near New Castle, DE:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in New Castle »

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between New Castle, DE and Ampthill, VA in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 183.94 mi 296.02 km 159.84 nautical mi
Driving distance 223 mi 359.65 km 194.19 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips