Distance from New Orleans, LA to Virginia Beach, VA

Distance

1,073 mi

Time

19 hours 36 mins

Gas Cost

$78 - $153

Loading New Orleans - Virginia Beach Route Map

Report an error

There are 940.96 miles from New Orleans to Virginia Beach in northeast direction and 1,073 miles (1,726.83 kilometers) by car, following the I-20 route.

New Orleans and Virginia Beach are 19 hours 36 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from New Orleans, LA to Virginia Beach, VA. The halfway point is Siloam, GA.

Please note the time difference between New Orleans, LA and Virginia Beach, VA is 1 hour. The current time in New Orleans is 11:39 pm (Nov 23) and the current time in Virginia Beach is 12:39 am (Nov 24).

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from New Orleans, LA to Virginia Beach, VA:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 49.68 gallons of gas to cover the route between New Orleans, LA and Virginia Beach, VA.

The estimated cost of gas to go from New Orleans to Virginia Beach is $127.18.

During the route, an average car will release 973.33 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Halfway Point Between New Orleans, LA and Virginia Beach, VA

If you want to meet halfway between New Orleans, LA and Virginia Beach, VA or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 33.522369 and -83.070518, or 33º 31' 20.5284" N, 83º 4' 13.8648" W. This location is 536.55 miles away from New Orleans, LA and Virginia Beach, VA and it would take approximately 9 hours 48 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest city or town to the halfway point is Siloam, GA, situated 543.18 miles from New Orleans, LA and 530.78 miles from Virginia Beach, VA. It would take 9 hours 54 mins to go from New Orleans to Siloam and 9 hours 43 mins to go from Virginia Beach to Siloam.

Major Cities Along the Route

Some major cities along the route include Chesapeake, VA,Fayetteville, NC,Columbia, SC,Augusta, GA,Atlanta, GA,Montgomery, AL,Mobile, AL, and Metairie, LA.

Best Hotels In or Near Virginia Beach, VA

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Virginia Beach, VA? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Lowest Price Rental Cars in New Orleans, LA

Planning on renting a car to go from New Orleans, LA to Virginia Beach, VA? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near New Orleans, LA:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in New Orleans »

Weather in New Orleans and Virginia Beach

New Orleans

No precipitation throughout the week, with temperatures rising to 76°F on Tuesday.

Thu
Nov 23
Fri
Nov 24
Sat
Nov 25
Sun
Nov 26
Mon
Nov 27
Clear day Clear day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Clear day
63° 47° 65° 47° 70° 49° 69° 54° 69° 50°
11% Rain probability 5% Rain probability 7% Rain probability 0% Rain probability 7% Rain probability
12 6 degrees 5 21 degrees 4 311 degrees 9 26 degrees 6 79 degrees

Virginia Beach

Light rain on Saturday and Wednesday, with temperatures rising to 60°F on Wednesday.

Thu
Nov 23
Fri
Nov 24
Sat
Nov 25
Sun
Nov 26
Mon
Nov 27
Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Clear day
46° 41° 53° 41° 59° 48° 51° 44° 53° 41°
10% Rain probability 14% Rain probability 76% Rain probability 16% Rain probability 9% Rain probability
8 356 degrees 5 52 degrees 8 283 degrees 16 331 degrees 4 262 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between New Orleans, LA and Virginia Beach, VA in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 940.96 mi 1,514.32 km 817.67 nautical mi
Driving distance 1,073 mi 1.61 km 0.87 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips


Please type your origin and destination and pick one of the options.

Origin and destination have to be different.

Distance between and