Distance from New York, NY to Rockaway Beach, NY

Distance

17 mi

Time

27 minutes

Gas Cost

$2 - $4

There are 13.41 miles from New York to Rockaway Beach in southeast direction and 17 miles (27.36 kilometers) by car, following the Atlantic Avenue route.

New York and Rockaway Beach are 27 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop .

This is the fastest route from New York, NY to Rockaway Beach, NY. The halfway point is Glendale, NY.

New York, NY and Rockaway Beach, NY are in the same time zone (EDT). Current time in both locations is 3:46 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from New York, NY to Rockaway Beach, NY:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with a fuel efficiency of MPG will need 0.67 gallons of gas to cover the route between New York, NY and Rockaway Beach, NY.

The estimated cost of gas to go from New York to Rockaway Beach is $2.99.

During the route, an average car will release 13.04 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. The carbon footprint would be 0.79 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Best Hotels In or Near Rockaway Beach, NY

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Rockaway Beach, NY? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Halfway Point Between New York, NY and Rockaway Beach, NY

If you want to meet halfway between New York, NY and Rockaway Beach, NY or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 40.678017 and -73.884476, or 40º 40' 40.8612" N, 73º 53' 4.1136" W. This location is 8.29 miles away from New York, NY and Rockaway Beach, NY and it would take approximately 13 minutes to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Glendale, NY, situated 8 miles from New York, NY and 10 miles from Rockaway Beach, NY. It would take 15 minutes to go from New York to Glendale and 18 minutes to go from Rockaway Beach to Glendale.



Weather in New York and Rockaway Beach

Compare the weather today and the next four days in New York, NY and Rockaway Beach, NY:

New York

Rain tomorrow and Saturday.

Thu
May 26
Fri
May 27
Sat
May 28
Sun
May 29
Mon
May 30
Cloudy Rain Rain Partly cloudy day Cloudy
65° 56° 70° 64° 74° 67° 74° 65° 77° 65°
19% Rain probability 79% Rain probability 87% Rain probability 8% Rain probability 1% Rain probability
8 148 degrees 11 176 degrees 10 221 degrees 6 228 degrees 7 195 degrees

Rockaway Beach

Rain tomorrow and Saturday.

Thu
May 26
Fri
May 27
Sat
May 28
Sun
May 29
Mon
May 30
Partly cloudy day Rain Rain Partly cloudy day Cloudy
64° 55° 69° 62° 74° 64° 73° 64° 76° 63°
18% Rain probability 82% Rain probability 86% Rain probability 6% Rain probability 2% Rain probability
11 145 degrees 15 180 degrees 13 211 degrees 8 211 degrees 9 199 degrees

Lowest Price Rental Cars in New York, NY

Planning on renting a car to go from New York, NY to Rockaway Beach, NY? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near New York, NY:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in New York »

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between New York, NY and Rockaway Beach, NY in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 13.41 mi 21.58 km 11.65 nautical mi
Driving distance 17 mi 26.68 km 14.40 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips