Distance from Norfolk, VA to Richmond, VA

Distance

92 mi

Time

1 hour 32 mins

Gas Cost

$6 - $13

Loading Norfolk - Richmond Route Map

Route map between Norfolk and Richmond Show Map

Report an error

There are 79.24 miles from Norfolk to Richmond in northwest direction and 92 miles (148.06 kilometers) by car, following the I-64 W and US-60 W route.

Norfolk and Richmond are 1 hour 32 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Norfolk, VA to Richmond, VA. The halfway point is Lightfoot, VA.

Norfolk, VA and Richmond, VA are in the same time zone (EDT). Current time in both locations is 6:50 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Norfolk, VA to Richmond, VA:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 4.25 gallons of gas to cover the route between Norfolk, VA and Richmond, VA.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Norfolk to Richmond is $10.50.

During the route, an average car will release 83.30 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.

Best Hotels In or Near Richmond, VA

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Richmond, VA? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Halfway Point Between Norfolk, VA and Richmond, VA

If you want to meet halfway between Norfolk, VA and Richmond, VA or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 37.359512 and -76.737389, or 37º 21' 34.2432" N, 76º 44' 14.6004" W. This location is 45.92 miles away from Norfolk, VA and Richmond, VA and it would take approximately 46 minutes to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Lightfoot, VA, situated 50 miles from Norfolk, VA and 45.29 miles from Richmond, VA. It would take 55 minutes to go from Norfolk to Lightfoot and 44 minutes to go from Richmond to Lightfoot.

Major Cities Along the Route

Some major cities along the route include Chesapeake, VA,Hampton, VA,Newport News, VA, and Henrico, VA.


Lowest Price Rental Cars in Norfolk, VA

Planning on renting a car to go from Norfolk, VA to Richmond, VA? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Norfolk, VA:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Norfolk »

Weather in Norfolk and Richmond

Norfolk

Light rain on Monday and Tuesday, with high temperatures falling to 49°F on Tuesday.

Sat
Mar 23
Sun
Mar 24
Mon
Mar 25
Tue
Mar 26
Wed
Mar 27
Clear day Partly cloudy day Rain Wind Partly cloudy day
59° 39° 68° 40° 66° 50° 49° 41° 52° 43°
5% Rain probability 5% Rain probability 89% Rain probability 76% Rain probability 0% Rain probability
12 299 degrees 5 218 degrees 6 201 degrees 21 31 degrees 16 42 degrees

Richmond

Rain on Monday, with high temperatures bottoming out at 53°F on Tuesday.

Sat
Mar 23
Sun
Mar 24
Mon
Mar 25
Tue
Mar 26
Wed
Mar 27
Clear day Partly cloudy day Rain Partly cloudy day Clear day
59° 35° 67° 33° 63° 47° 53° 37° 56° 32°
5% Rain probability 4% Rain probability 85% Rain probability 11% Rain probability 0% Rain probability
8 299 degrees 5 212 degrees 2 251 degrees 10 33 degrees 6 52 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Norfolk, VA and Richmond, VA in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 79.24 mi 127.53 km 68.86 nautical mi
Driving distance 92 mi 147.79 km 79.80 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips