Distance from Portland, MI to Afton, MI

Distance

223 mi

Time

3 hours 10 mins

Gas Cost

$18 - $36

Loading Portland - Afton Route Map

Route map between Portland and Afton Show Map

Report an error

There are 174.41 miles from Portland to Afton in north direction and 223 miles (358.88 kilometers) by car, following the US-127 N route.

Portland and Afton are 3 hours 10 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Portland, MI to Afton, MI. The halfway point is Harrison, MI.

Portland, MI and Afton, MI are in the same time zone (EDT). Current time in both locations is 3:27 am.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Portland, MI to Afton, MI:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 10.32 gallons of gas to cover the route between Portland, MI and Afton, MI.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Portland to Afton is $29.83.

During the route, an average car will release 202.20 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.

Best Hotels In or Near Afton, MI

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Afton, MI? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Halfway Point Between Portland, MI and Afton, MI

If you want to meet halfway between Portland, MI and Afton, MI or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 43.930313 and -84.778519, or 43º 55' 49.1268" N, 84º 46' 42.6684" W. This location is 111.46 miles away from Portland, MI and Afton, MI and it would take approximately 1 hour 35 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Harrison, MI, situated 117.1 miles from Portland, MI and 107.17 miles from Afton, MI. It would take 1 hour 45 mins to go from Portland to Harrison and 1 hour 39 mins to go from Afton to Harrison.

Major Cities Along the Route

The only major city along the route is Lansing, MI.



Lowest Price Rental Cars in Portland, MI

Planning on renting a car to go from Portland, MI to Afton, MI? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Portland, MI:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Portland »

Weather in Portland and Afton

Portland

Light rain today through Wednesday, with high temperatures peaking at 80°F on Tuesday.

Fri
May 24
Sat
May 25
Sun
May 26
Mon
May 27
Tue
May 28
Rain Rain Partly cloudy day Rain Rain
66° 51° 75° 61° 74° 59° 76° 51° 80° 64°
74% Rain probability 96% Rain probability 28% Rain probability 72% Rain probability 78% Rain probability
4 120 degrees 10 225 degrees 4 337 degrees 7 137 degrees 14 238 degrees

Afton

Rain tomorrow through Wednesday, with high temperatures falling to 62°F next Friday.

Fri
May 24
Sat
May 25
Sun
May 26
Mon
May 27
Tue
May 28
Rain Rain Partly cloudy day Rain Partly cloudy day
66° 43° 76° 55° 68° 47° 71° 42° 70° 54°
21% Rain probability 81% Rain probability 8% Rain probability 80% Rain probability 96% Rain probability
2 122 degrees 6 222 degrees 4 329 degrees 5 119 degrees 3 117 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Portland, MI and Afton, MI in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 174.41 mi 280.68 km 151.55 nautical mi
Driving distance 223 mi 358.75 km 193.71 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips