Distance from Portland, MI to MSP Airport

Distance

509 mi

Time

9 hours 10 mins

Gas Cost

$33 - $64

Loading Portland - MSP Airport Route Map

Route map between Portland and MSP Airport Show Map

Report an error

There are 436.59 miles from Portland to Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport (MSP) in northwest direction and 509 miles (819.16 kilometers) by car and ferry, following the Milwaukee - Muskegon route.

Portland and MSP Airport are 9 hours 10 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop for 6 hours 40 mins and take a ferry for 2 hours 30 mins.

This is the fastest route from Portland, MI to MSP Airport. The halfway point is Afton, WI.

Please note the time difference between Portland, MI and MSP Airport is 1 hour. The current time in Portland is 11:11 pm and the current time in MSP Airport is 10:11 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Portland, MI to MSP Airport:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 23.54 gallons of gas to cover the route between Portland, MI and MSP Airport.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Portland to MSP Airport is $53.68.

During the route, an average car will release 461.26 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Halfway Point Between Portland, MI and MSP Airport

If you want to meet halfway between Portland, MI and MSP Airport or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 42.613430 and -88.990158, or 42º 36' 48.348" N, 88º 59' 24.5688" W. This location is 254.27 miles away from Portland, MI and MSP Airport and it would take approximately 4 hours 35 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Afton, WI, situated 319.66 miles from Portland, MI and 314.14 miles from MSP Airport. It would take 5 hours 14 mins to go from Portland to Afton and 4 hours 51 mins to go from MSP to Afton.

Major City Closest to Halfway Point

The major city closest to the halfway point between Portland, MI and MSP Airport is Rockford, IL, situated 301.26 miles from Portland, MI and 339.09 miles from MSP Airport. It would take 4 hours 54 mins to go from Portland to and 5 hours 25 mins to go from MSP to Rockford.

Major Cities Along the Route

Some other major cities along the route include Chicago, IL,Elgin, IL,Madison, WI, and Saint Paul, MN.

Best Hotels In or Near MSP Airport

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to MSP Airport? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Lowest Price Rental Cars in Portland, MI

Planning on renting a car to go from Portland, MI to MSP Airport? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Portland, MI:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Portland »

Weather in Portland and MSP

Portland

Mixed precipitation today through Tuesday, with high temperatures peaking at 49°F on Sunday.

Wed
Feb 20
Thu
Feb 21
Fri
Feb 22
Sat
Feb 23
Sun
Feb 24
Snow Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Rain Wind
40° 18° 36° 24° 35° 17° 46° 26° 49° 28°
76% Rain probability 24% Rain probability 11% Rain probability 98% Rain probability 90% Rain probability
8 131 degrees 15 260 degrees 3 117 degrees 11 127 degrees 19 261 degrees

MSP

Snow (11–17 in.) today through Tuesday, with high temperatures peaking at 35°F on Saturday.

Wed
Feb 20
Thu
Feb 21
Fri
Feb 22
Sat
Feb 23
Sun
Feb 24
Snow Partly cloudy day Snow Snow Wind
30° 18° 24° 11° 34° 12° 35° 32° 32°
99% Rain probability 9% Rain probability 42% Rain probability 83% Rain probability 52% Rain probability
4 119 degrees 8 253 degrees 8 138 degrees 4 36 degrees 15 311 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Portland, MI and MSP Airport in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 436.59 mi 702.62 km 379.39 nautical mi
Driving distance 509 mi 818.41 km 441.91 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips