Distance from Reno, NV to Detroit, MI

Distance

2,181 mi

Time

1 day 3 hours

Gas Cost

$148 - $287

Loading Reno - Detroit Route Map

There are 1,914.06 miles from Reno to Detroit in east direction and 2,180.56 miles (3,509.27 kilometers) by car, following the I-80 route.

Reno and Detroit are 1 day 3 hours far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Reno, NV to Detroit, MI. The halfway point is Finding halfway point from Reno, NV to Detroit, MI.

Please note the time difference between Reno, NV and Detroit, MI is 3 hours. The current time in Reno is 3:27 pm and the current time in Detroit is 6:27 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Reno, NV to Detroit, MI:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 100.95 gallons of gas to cover the route between Reno, NV and Detroit, MI.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Reno to Detroit is $239.26.

During the route, an average car will release 1,977.85 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Best Hotels In or Near Detroit, MI

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Detroit, MI? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Lowest Price Rental Cars in Reno, NV

Planning on renting a car to go from Reno, NV to Detroit, MI? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Reno, NV:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Reno »

Weather in Reno, NV and Detroit, MI

Reno, NV

No precipitation throughout the week, with temperatures peaking at 95°F on Sunday.

Fri
Jun 23
Sat
Jun 24
Sun
Jun 25
Mon
Jun 26
Tue
Jun 27
Clear day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Clear day Clear day
93° 65° 94° 67° 95° 68° 89° 66° 88° 57°
0% Rain probability 0% Rain probability 1% Rain probability 0% Rain probability 0% Rain probability
4 55 degrees 3 62 degrees 1 280 degrees 8 252 degrees 5 256 degrees

Detroit, MI

Light rain today through Thursday, with temperatures falling to 68°F on Monday.

Fri
Jun 23
Sat
Jun 24
Sun
Jun 25
Mon
Jun 26
Tue
Jun 27
Rain Rain Partly cloudy day Rain Rain
79° 68° 75° 62° 70° 58° 68° 54° 72° 52°
96% Rain probability 4% Rain probability 4% Rain probability 16% Rain probability 15% Rain probability
7 245 degrees 10 286 degrees 10 265 degrees 5 315 degrees 6 298 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Reno, NV and Detroit, MI in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 1,914.06 mi 1.61 km 0.87 nautical mi
Driving distance 2,180.56 mi 3.22 km 1.74 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips


Please type your origin and destination and pick one of the options.

Origin and destination have to be different.

Distance between and