Distance from Sacramento, CA to Stockton, CA

Distance

49 mi

Time

57 minutes

Gas Cost

$4 - $7

Loading Sacramento - Stockton Route Map

Report an error

There are 44.49 miles from Sacramento to Stockton in southeast direction and 49 miles (78.86 kilometers) by car, following the I-5 and CA 99 route.

Sacramento and Stockton are 57 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Sacramento, CA to Stockton, CA. The halfway point is Thornton, CA.

Sacramento, CA and Stockton, CA are in the same time zone (Pacific Daylight Time). Current time in both locations is 9:33 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Sacramento, CA to Stockton, CA:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 2.25 gallons of gas to cover the route between Sacramento, CA and Stockton, CA.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Sacramento to Stockton is $5.76.

During the route, an average car will release 44.08 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Halfway Point Between Sacramento, CA and Stockton, CA

If you want to meet halfway between Sacramento, CA and Stockton, CA or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 38.251442 and -121.446732, or 38º 15' 5.1912" N, 121º 26' 48.2352" W. This location is 24.30 miles away from Sacramento, CA and Stockton, CA and it would take approximately 28 minutes to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest city or town to the halfway point is Thornton, CA, situated 26.95 miles from Sacramento, CA and 22.52 miles from Stockton, CA. It would take 31 minutes to go from Sacramento to Thornton and 27 minutes to go from Stockton to Thornton.

Major Cities Along the Route

The only major city along the route is Elk Grove, CA.


Best Hotels In or Near Stockton, CA

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Stockton, CA? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Lowest Price Rental Cars in Sacramento, CA

Planning on renting a car to go from Sacramento, CA to Stockton, CA? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Sacramento, CA:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Sacramento »

Weather in Sacramento and Stockton

Sacramento

Rain on Sunday, with temperatures falling to 61°F on Monday.

Thu
Nov 23
Fri
Nov 24
Sat
Nov 25
Sun
Nov 26
Mon
Nov 27
Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Rain Partly cloudy day
71° 51° 71° 52° 71° 50° 64° 52° 61° 47°
25% Rain probability 10% Rain probability 10% Rain probability 90% Rain probability 40% Rain probability
2 305 degrees 3 324 degrees 2 144 degrees 10 182 degrees 4 337 degrees

Stockton

Light rain on Sunday and Monday, with temperatures peaking at 76°F on Saturday.

Thu
Nov 23
Fri
Nov 24
Sat
Nov 25
Sun
Nov 26
Mon
Nov 27
Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Rain Clear day
75° 52° 74° 56° 76° 51° 65° 55° 62° 49°
16% Rain probability 13% Rain probability 7% Rain probability 84% Rain probability 52% Rain probability
5 306 degrees 5 309 degrees 4 137 degrees 6 171 degrees 6 308 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Sacramento, CA and Stockton, CA in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 44.49 mi 71.60 km 38.66 nautical mi
Driving distance 49 mi 78.86 km 42.58 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips


Please type your origin and destination and pick one of the options.

Origin and destination have to be different.

Distance between and