Distance from SEA Airport to EWR Airport

Distance

2,887 mi

Time

1 day 17 hours

Gas Cost

$188 - $366

Loading SEA Airport - EWR Airport Route Map

Route map between SEA Airport and EWR Airport Show Map

Report an error

There are 2,395.09 miles from Seattle–Tacoma International Airport (SEA) to Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) in east direction and 2,887 miles (4,646.18 kilometers) by car, following the I-90 route.

SEA Airport and EWR Airport are 1 day 17 hours far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from SEA Airport to EWR Airport. The halfway point is Plankinton, SD.

Please note the time difference between SEA Airport and EWR Airport is 3 hours. The current time in SEA Airport is 6:43 am and the current time in EWR Airport is 9:43 am.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from SEA Airport to EWR Airport:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 133.67 gallons of gas to cover the route between SEA Airport and EWR Airport.

The estimated cost of gas to go from SEA Airport to EWR Airport is $304.76.

During the route, an average car will release 2,618.77 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Halfway Point Between SEA Airport and EWR Airport

If you want to meet halfway between SEA Airport and EWR Airport or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 43.677734 and -98.501228, or 43º 40' 39.8424" N, 98º 30' 4.4208" W. This location is 1,443.58 miles away from SEA Airport and EWR Airport and it would take approximately 20 hours 55 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Plankinton, SD, situated 1444.65 miles from SEA Airport and 1443.76 miles from EWR Airport. It would take 20 hours 40 mins to go from SEA to Plankinton and 21 hours 33 mins to go from EWR to Plankinton.

Major Cities Along the Route

Some major cities along the route include Billings, MT,Spokane, WA,Renton, WA,Kent, WA, and Sioux Falls, SD.

Best Hotels In or Near EWR Airport

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to EWR Airport? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Lowest Price Rental Cars in SEA Airport

Planning on renting a car to go from SEA Airport to EWR Airport? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near SEA Airport:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Seattle–Tacoma International Airport »

Weather in SEA and EWR

SEA

Mixed precipitation tomorrow through next Monday, with high temperatures peaking at 45°F on Thursday.

Mon
Feb 18
Tue
Feb 19
Wed
Feb 20
Thu
Feb 21
Fri
Feb 22
Partly cloudy day Rain Snow Partly cloudy day Fog
42° 31° 41° 33° 41° 34° 45° 30° 40° 31°
26% Rain probability 74% Rain probability 87% Rain probability 12% Rain probability 85% Rain probability
2 154 degrees 5 190 degrees 2 7 degrees 3 36 degrees 7 194 degrees

EWR

Mixed precipitation today through Sunday, with high temperatures rising to 57°F on Thursday.

Mon
Feb 18
Tue
Feb 19
Wed
Feb 20
Thu
Feb 21
Fri
Feb 22
Rain Partly cloudy day Snow Partly cloudy day Cloudy
45° 28° 35° 22° 35° 25° 57° 36° 48° 32°
80% Rain probability 1% Rain probability 54% Rain probability 78% Rain probability 0% Rain probability
7 309 degrees 9 327 degrees 4 87 degrees 4 293 degrees 4 300 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between SEA Airport and EWR Airport in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 2,395.09 mi 3,854.51 km 2,081.27 nautical mi
Driving distance 2,887 mi 4,646.43 km 2,508.88 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips