Distance from Stapleton, NE to DTW Airport

Distance

1,023 mi

Time

15 hours 23 mins

Gas Cost

$83 - $161

Loading Stapleton - DTW Airport Route Map

Route map between Stapleton and DTW Airport Show Map

Report an error

There are 883.05 miles from Stapleton to Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW) in east direction and 1,023 miles (1,646.36 kilometers) by car, following the I-80 route.

Stapleton and DTW Airport are 15 hours 23 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Stapleton, NE to DTW Airport. The halfway point is Victor, IA.

Please note the time difference between Stapleton, NE and DTW Airport is 1 hour. The current time in Stapleton is 4:01 pm and the current time in DTW Airport is 5:01 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Stapleton, NE to DTW Airport:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 47.36 gallons of gas to cover the route between Stapleton, NE and DTW Airport.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Stapleton to DTW Airport is $134.03.

During the route, an average car will release 927.90 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Halfway Point Between Stapleton, NE and DTW Airport

If you want to meet halfway between Stapleton, NE and DTW Airport or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 41.696526 and -92.282959, or 41º 41' 47.4936" N, 92º 16' 58.6524" W. This location is 511.50 miles away from Stapleton, NE and DTW Airport and it would take approximately 7 hours 41 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Victor, IA, situated 516.6 miles from Stapleton, NE and 512.32 miles from DTW Airport. It would take 7 hours 52 mins to go from Stapleton to Victor and 7 hours 48 mins to go from DTW to Victor.

Major Cities Along the Route

Some major cities along the route include Joliet, IL,Davenport, IA,Des Moines, IA,Omaha, NE, and Lincoln, NE.

Best Hotels In or Near DTW Airport

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to DTW Airport? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Lowest Price Rental Cars in Stapleton, NE

Planning on renting a car to go from Stapleton, NE to DTW Airport? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Stapleton, NE:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Stapleton »

Weather in Stapleton and DTW

Stapleton

Light rain today and next Sunday, with high temperatures bottoming out at 69°F on Wednesday.

Sun
Aug 19
Mon
Aug 20
Tue
Aug 21
Wed
Aug 22
Thu
Aug 23
Rain Wind Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Wind
75° 57° 74° 53° 70° 49° 69° 51° 82° 55°
65% Rain probability 12% Rain probability 8% Rain probability 8% Rain probability 41% Rain probability
9 330 degrees 17 351 degrees 5 44 degrees 9 174 degrees 14 195 degrees

DTW

Light rain throughout the week, with high temperatures bottoming out at 74°F on Wednesday.

Sun
Aug 19
Mon
Aug 20
Tue
Aug 21
Wed
Aug 22
Thu
Aug 23
Partly cloudy day Rain Rain Partly cloudy day Clear day
81° 67° 83° 66° 78° 67° 74° 59° 78° 55°
24% Rain probability 10% Rain probability 90% Rain probability 7% Rain probability 0% Rain probability
4 120 degrees 7 112 degrees 7 218 degrees 10 324 degrees 5 265 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Stapleton, NE and DTW Airport in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 883.05 mi 1,421.12 km 767.35 nautical mi
Driving distance 1,023 mi 1,646.36 km 888.96 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips


Please type your origin and destination and pick one of the options.

Origin and destination have to be different.

Distance between and