Distance from Stapleton, NE to EWR Airport

Distance

1,542 mi

Time

23 hours 15 mins

Gas Cost

$100 - $195

Loading Stapleton - EWR Airport Route Map

Route map between Stapleton and EWR Airport Show Map

Report an error

There are 1,367.44 miles from Stapleton to Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) in east direction and 1,542 miles (2,481.61 kilometers) by car, following the I-80 route.

Stapleton and EWR Airport are 23 hours 15 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Stapleton, NE to EWR Airport. The halfway point is Matteson, IL.

Please note the time difference between Stapleton, NE and EWR Airport is 1 hour. The current time in Stapleton is 6:55 pm and the current time in EWR Airport is 7:55 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Stapleton, NE to EWR Airport:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 71.41 gallons of gas to cover the route between Stapleton, NE and EWR Airport.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Stapleton to EWR Airport is $162.81.

During the route, an average car will release 1,398.99 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Halfway Point Between Stapleton, NE and EWR Airport

If you want to meet halfway between Stapleton, NE and EWR Airport or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 41.510139 and -87.759377, or 41º 30' 36.5004" N, 87º 45' 33.7572" W. This location is 771.19 miles away from Stapleton, NE and EWR Airport and it would take approximately 11 hours 37 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Matteson, IL, situated 771.08 miles from Stapleton, NE and 777.76 miles from EWR Airport. It would take 11 hours 37 mins to go from Stapleton to Matteson and 12 hours 3 mins to go from EWR to Matteson.

Major City Closest to Halfway Point

The major city closest to the halfway point between Stapleton, NE and EWR Airport is Chicago, IL, situated 772.74 miles from Stapleton, NE and 785.14 miles from EWR Airport. It would take 11 hours 37 mins to go from Stapleton to and 12 hours 2 mins to go from EWR to Chicago.

Major Cities Along the Route

Some other major cities along the route include Joliet, IL,Davenport, IA,Des Moines, IA,Omaha, NE, and Lincoln, NE.

Best Hotels In or Near EWR Airport

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to EWR Airport? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Lowest Price Rental Cars in Stapleton, NE

Planning on renting a car to go from Stapleton, NE to EWR Airport? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Stapleton, NE:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Stapleton »

Weather in Stapleton and EWR

Stapleton

Snow (11–17 in.) throughout the week, with high temperatures falling to 14°F on Wednesday.

Thu
Feb 21
Fri
Feb 22
Sat
Feb 23
Sun
Feb 24
Mon
Feb 25
Snow Snow Snow Partly cloudy day Cloudy
27° 33° 18° 30° 18° 21° 10° 22°
31% Rain probability 59% Rain probability 60% Rain probability 5% Rain probability 12% Rain probability
6 57 degrees 9 112 degrees 12 337 degrees 6 339 degrees 11 134 degrees

EWR

Mixed precipitation throughout the week, with high temperatures peaking at 58°F on Sunday.

Thu
Feb 21
Fri
Feb 22
Sat
Feb 23
Sun
Feb 24
Mon
Feb 25
Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Rain Rain Wind
48° 33° 44° 31° 41° 31° 58° 40° 46° 35°
98% Rain probability 5% Rain probability 82% Rain probability 98% Rain probability 2% Rain probability
6 281 degrees 6 314 degrees 4 97 degrees 6 225 degrees 17 285 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Stapleton, NE and EWR Airport in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 1,367.44 mi 2,200.68 km 1,188.28 nautical mi
Driving distance 1,542 mi 2,482.21 km 1,340.29 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips