Distance from Tipton, TN to Athens, LA

Distance

339 mi

Time

6 hours 19 mins

Gas Cost

$23 - $45

There are 273.37 miles from Tipton to Athens in southwest direction and 339 miles (545.57 kilometers) by car, following the I-40 route.

Tipton and Athens are 6 hours 19 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop .

This is the fastest route from Tipton, TN to Athens, LA. The halfway point is Sherwood, AR.

Tipton, TN and Athens, LA are in the same time zone (CDT). Current time in both locations is 7:31 am.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Tipton, TN to Athens, LA:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with a fuel efficiency of MPG will need 13.63 gallons of gas to cover the route between Tipton, TN and Athens, LA.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Tipton to Athens is $32.44.

During the route, an average car will release 267.01 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. The carbon footprint would be 0.79 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Best Hotels In or Near Athens, LA

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Athens, LA? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Halfway Point Between Tipton, TN and Athens, LA

If you want to meet halfway between Tipton, TN and Athens, LA or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 34.782788 and -92.143029, or 34º 46' 58.0368" N, 92º 8' 34.9044" W. This location is 169.68 miles away from Tipton, TN and Athens, LA and it would take approximately 3 hours 9 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Sherwood, AR, situated 168 miles from Tipton, TN and 179 miles from Athens, LA. It would take 2 hours 46 mins to go from Tipton to Sherwood and 3 hours 48 mins to go from Athens to Sherwood.

Major City Closest to Halfway Point

The major city closest to the halfway point between Tipton, TN and Athens, LA is Little Rock, AR, situated 170 miles from Tipton, TN and 173 miles from Athens, LA. It would take 2 hours 47 mins to go from Tipton to Little Rock and 3 hours 39 mins to go from Athens to Little Rock.



Weather in Tipton and Athens

Compare the weather today and the next four days in Tipton, TN and Athens, LA:

Tipton

Rain tomorrow through Wednesday.

Sat
Jan 23
Sun
Jan 24
Mon
Jan 25
Tue
Jan 26
Wed
Jan 27
Clear day Rain Rain Partly cloudy day Rain
49° 26° 56° 40° 69° 51° 57° 43° 47° 37°
2% Rain probability 86% Rain probability 99% Rain probability 9% Rain probability 71% Rain probability
9 75 degrees 7 165 degrees 14 204 degrees 7 350 degrees 12 356 degrees

Athens

Rain tomorrow through Wednesday.

Sat
Jan 23
Sun
Jan 24
Mon
Jan 25
Tue
Jan 26
Wed
Jan 27
Cloudy Rain Rain Rain Rain
50° 40° 66° 47° 73° 52° 67° 46° 61° 43°
21% Rain probability 91% Rain probability 83% Rain probability 39% Rain probability 61% Rain probability
7 76 degrees 6 157 degrees 9 219 degrees 5 67 degrees 7 341 degrees

Lowest Price Rental Cars in Tipton, TN

Planning on renting a car to go from Tipton, TN to Athens, LA? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Tipton, TN:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Tipton »

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Tipton, TN and Athens, LA in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 273.37 mi 439.94 km 237.55 nautical mi
Driving distance 339 mi 546.13 km 294.89 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips