Distance from West Blocton, AL to Avoca, IA

Distance

998 mi

Time

15 hours 7 mins

Gas Cost

$74 - $144

Report an error

There are 732.25 miles from West Blocton to Avoca in northwest direction and 998 miles (1,606.13 kilometers) by car, following the I-70 W route.

West Blocton and Avoca are 15 hours 7 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from West Blocton, AL to Avoca, IA. The halfway point is Fairview Heights, IL.

West Blocton, AL and Avoca, IA are in the same time zone (CDT). Current time in both locations is 11:54 am.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from West Blocton, AL to Avoca, IA:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 46.19 gallons of gas to cover the route between West Blocton, AL and Avoca, IA.

The estimated cost of gas to go from West Blocton to Avoca is $120.10.

During the route, an average car will release 905 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.

Best Hotels In or Near Avoca, IA

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Avoca, IA? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Halfway Point Between West Blocton, AL and Avoca, IA

If you want to meet halfway between West Blocton, AL and Avoca, IA or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 38.60267 and -90.003939, or 38º 36' 9.612" N, 90º 0' 14.1804" W. This location is 498.87 miles away from West Blocton, AL and Avoca, IA and it would take approximately 7 hours 33 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Fairview Heights, IL, situated 525.11 miles from West Blocton, AL and 476.08 miles from Avoca, IA. It would take 8 hours 3 mins to go from West Blocton to Fairview Heights and 7 hours 13 mins to go from Avoca to Fairview Heights.

Major City Closest to Halfway Point

The major city closest to the halfway point between West Blocton, AL and Avoca, IA is Saint Louis, MO, situated 536.97 miles from West Blocton, AL and 462.8 miles from Avoca, IA. It would take 8 hours 15 mins to go from West Blocton to Saint Louis and 6 hours 57 mins to go from Avoca to Saint Louis.



Lowest Price Rental Cars in West Blocton, AL

Planning on renting a car to go from West Blocton, AL to Avoca, IA? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near West Blocton, AL:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in West Blocton »

Weather in West Blocton and Avoca

West Blocton

Rain on Friday and Saturday.

Sun
Nov 17
Mon
Nov 18
Tue
Nov 19
Wed
Nov 20
Thu
Nov 21
Clear day Partly cloudy day Clear day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day
62° 30° 61° 32° 66° 34° 70° 38° 72° 42°
5% Rain probability 4% Rain probability 3% Rain probability 3% Rain probability 5% Rain probability
3 246 degrees 5 299 degrees 3 221 degrees 3 148 degrees 5 176 degrees

Avoca

Rain on Wednesday and Thursday.

Sun
Nov 17
Mon
Nov 18
Tue
Nov 19
Wed
Nov 20
Thu
Nov 21
Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Rain Rain
48° 33° 53° 32° 59° 36° 61° 41° 51° 25°
28% Rain probability 12% Rain probability 5% Rain probability 95% Rain probability 97% Rain probability
9 313 degrees 7 248 degrees 8 207 degrees 10 139 degrees 14 348 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between West Blocton, AL and Avoca, IA in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 732.25 mi 1,178.44 km 636.31 nautical mi
Driving distance 998 mi 1,605.72 km 867.02 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips