Distance from Westland, MI to IAH Airport

Distance

1,290 mi

Time

20 hours 32 mins

Gas Cost

$101 - $196

Loading Westland - IAH Airport Route Map

Route map between Westland and IAH Airport Show Map

Report an error

There are 1,079.18 miles from Westland to George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) in southwest direction and 1,290 miles (2,076.05 kilometers) by car, following the I-40 route.

Westland and IAH Airport are 20 hours 32 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Westland, MI to IAH Airport. The halfway point is Jackson, TN.

Please note the time difference between Westland, MI and IAH Airport is 1 hour. The current time in Westland is 1:08 pm and the current time in IAH Airport is 12:08 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Westland, MI to IAH Airport:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 59.72 gallons of gas to cover the route between Westland, MI and IAH Airport.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Westland to IAH Airport is $163.04.

During the route, an average car will release 1,170.09 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.

Best Hotels In or Near IAH Airport

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to IAH Airport? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Halfway Point Between Westland, MI and IAH Airport

If you want to meet halfway between Westland, MI and IAH Airport or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 35.644859 and -88.847168, or 35º 38' 41.4924" N, 88º 50' 49.8048" W. This location is 645.01 miles away from Westland, MI and IAH Airport and it would take approximately 10 hours 16 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest city to the halfway point is Jackson, TN, situated 658.66 miles from Westland, MI and 643.27 miles from IAH Airport. It would take 10 hours 21 mins to go from Westland to Jackson and 10 hours 52 mins to go from IAH to Jackson.

Major Cities Along the Route

Some major cities along the route include Louisville, KY,Nashville, TN,Memphis, TN, and Little Rock, AR.


Lowest Price Rental Cars in Westland, MI

Planning on renting a car to go from Westland, MI to IAH Airport? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Westland, MI:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Westland »

Weather in Westland and IAH

Westland

Light rain throughout the week, with high temperatures rising to 78°F on Tuesday.

Sun
Jun 16
Mon
Jun 17
Tue
Jun 18
Wed
Jun 19
Thu
Jun 20
Rain Cloudy Partly cloudy day Rain Rain
69° 56° 75° 58° 78° 59° 78° 59° 74° 60°
79% Rain probability 15% Rain probability 9% Rain probability 91% Rain probability 90% Rain probability
7 60 degrees 6 70 degrees 4 52 degrees 5 86 degrees 8 64 degrees

IAH

Rain throughout the week, with high temperatures peaking at 98°F on Thursday.

Sun
Jun 16
Mon
Jun 17
Tue
Jun 18
Wed
Jun 19
Thu
Jun 20
Rain Rain Partly cloudy day Clear day Clear day
89° 77° 91° 75° 91° 74° 93° 76° 98° 79°
46% Rain probability 55% Rain probability 25% Rain probability 6% Rain probability 3% Rain probability
10 167 degrees 9 166 degrees 8 177 degrees 10 192 degrees 12 196 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Westland, MI and IAH Airport in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 1,079.18 mi 1,736.77 km 937.78 nautical mi
Driving distance 1,290 mi 2,076.08 km 1,121 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips