Distance from Westland, MI to Mound City, IL

Distance

606 mi

Time

9 hours 26 mins

Gas Cost

$45 - $88

Report an error

There are 473.94 miles from Westland to Mound City in southwest direction and 606 miles (975.26 kilometers) by car, following the I-57 S route.

Westland and Mound City are 9 hours 26 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Westland, MI to Mound City, IL. The halfway point is Indianapolis, IN.

Please note the time difference between Westland, MI and Mound City, IL is 1 hour. The current time in Westland is 10:11 am and the current time in Mound City is 9:11 am.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Westland, MI to Mound City, IL:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 28.08 gallons of gas to cover the route between Westland, MI and Mound City, IL.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Westland to Mound City is $73.

During the route, an average car will release 550.08 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.

Best Hotels In or Near Mound City, IL

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Mound City, IL? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Halfway Point Between Westland, MI and Mound City, IL

If you want to meet halfway between Westland, MI and Mound City, IL or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 39.798508 and -86.112478, or 39º 47' 54.6288" N, 86º 6' 44.9208" W. This location is 303.23 miles away from Westland, MI and Mound City, IL and it would take approximately 4 hours 43 mins to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest and also the major city is Indianapolis, IN, situated 307.05 miles from Westland, MI and 299.72 miles from Mound City, IL. It would take 4 hours 43 mins to go from Westland to Indianapolis and 4 hours 48 mins to go from Mound City to Indianapolis.



Lowest Price Rental Cars in Westland, MI

Planning on renting a car to go from Westland, MI to Mound City, IL? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Westland, MI:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Westland »

Weather in Westland and Mound City

Westland

Light rain on Thursday.

Sun
Nov 17
Mon
Nov 18
Tue
Nov 19
Wed
Nov 20
Thu
Nov 21
Partly cloudy day Cloudy Cloudy Partly cloudy day Rain
35° 21° 39° 31° 40° 31° 45° 28° 52° 32°
19% Rain probability 22% Rain probability 21% Rain probability 11% Rain probability 98% Rain probability
4 100 degrees 3 258 degrees 7 238 degrees 5 250 degrees 12 214 degrees

Mound City

Light rain on Thursday through Saturday.

Sun
Nov 17
Mon
Nov 18
Tue
Nov 19
Wed
Nov 20
Thu
Nov 21
Cloudy Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Partly cloudy day Rain
50° 26° 52° 34° 61° 37° 67° 39° 68° 47°
10% Rain probability 15% Rain probability 10% Rain probability 8% Rain probability 92% Rain probability
3 217 degrees 5 263 degrees 5 226 degrees 7 173 degrees 13 220 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Westland, MI and Mound City, IL in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 473.94 mi 762.73 km 411.84 nautical mi
Driving distance 606 mi 975.99 km 526.99 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips