Distance from Wilton, CT to Newtown, CT

Distance

26 mi

Time

36 minutes

Gas Cost

$2 - $4

Loading Wilton - Newtown Route Map

Report an error

There are 16.64 miles from Wilton to Newtown in northeast direction and 26 miles (41.84 kilometers) by car, following the US-7 route.

Wilton and Newtown are 36 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Wilton, CT to Newtown, CT. The halfway point is Danbury, CT.

Wilton, CT and Newtown, CT are in the same time zone (EDT). Current time in both locations is 10:20 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Wilton, CT to Newtown, CT:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 1.19 gallons of gas to cover the route between Wilton, CT and Newtown, CT.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Wilton to Newtown is $3.05.

During the route, an average car will release 23.31 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Halfway Point Between Wilton, CT and Newtown, CT

If you want to meet halfway between Wilton, CT and Newtown, CT or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 41.376598 and -73.474236, or 41º 22' 35.7528" N, 73º 28' 27.2496" W. This location is 12.85 miles away from Wilton, CT and Newtown, CT and it would take approximately 18 minutes to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest city or town to the halfway point is Danbury, CT, situated 16.13 miles from Wilton, CT and 8.91 miles from Newtown, CT. It would take 24 minutes to go from Wilton to Danbury and 14 minutes to go from Newtown to Danbury.


Best Hotels In or Near Newtown, CT

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Newtown, CT? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Lowest Price Rental Cars in Wilton, CT

Planning on renting a car to go from Wilton, CT to Newtown, CT? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Wilton, CT:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Wilton »

Weather in Wilton and Newtown

Wilton

Rain tomorrow, with temperatures falling to 37°F on Monday.

Tue
Nov 21
Wed
Nov 22
Thu
Nov 23
Fri
Nov 24
Sat
Nov 25
Partly cloudy day Rain Partly cloudy day Clear day Partly cloudy day
54° 38° 51° 32° 40° 27° 46° 30° 50° 35°
0% Rain probability 91% Rain probability 9% Rain probability 0% Rain probability 16% Rain probability
9 212 degrees 7 306 degrees 5 308 degrees 4 257 degrees 5 234 degrees

Newtown

Mixed precipitation tomorrow and Sunday, with temperatures falling to 36°F on Monday.

Tue
Nov 21
Wed
Nov 22
Thu
Nov 23
Fri
Nov 24
Sat
Nov 25
Partly cloudy day Rain Partly cloudy day Clear day Partly cloudy day
53° 35° 50° 32° 40° 27° 47° 29° 50° 33°
0% Rain probability 90% Rain probability 9% Rain probability 0% Rain probability 16% Rain probability
8 210 degrees 6 307 degrees 4 311 degrees 3 248 degrees 5 229 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Wilton, CT and Newtown, CT in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 16.64 mi 26.78 km 14.46 nautical mi
Driving distance 26 mi 41.84 km 22.59 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips


Please type your origin and destination and pick one of the options.

Origin and destination have to be different.

Distance between and