Distance from Austin, TX to Waco, TX

Distance

102 mi

Time

1 hour 51 mins

Gas Cost

$7 - $14

Loading Austin - Waco Route Map

Report an error

There are 95.38 miles from Austin to Waco in northeast direction and 102 miles (164.15 kilometers) by car, following the I-35 and US-290 route.

Austin and Waco are 1 hour 51 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.

This is the fastest route from Austin, TX to Waco, TX. The halfway point is Salado, TX.

Austin, TX and Waco, TX are in the same time zone (Central Daylight Time). Current time in both locations is 2:12 pm.

Any questions or tips to share?

Share with fellow travellers any question or tips about the route from Austin, TX to Waco, TX:



Gas Consumption and Emissions

A car with an MPG of will need 4.71 gallons of gas to cover the route between Austin, TX and Waco, TX.

The estimated cost of gas to go from Austin to Waco is $11.78.

During the route, an average car will release 92.31 pounds of CO2 to the atmosphere. Your carbon footprint is 0.91 pounds of CO2 per mile.


Halfway Point Between Austin, TX and Waco, TX

If you want to meet halfway between Austin, TX and Waco, TX or just make a stop in the middle of your trip, the exact coordinates of the halfway point of this route are 30.95531 and -97.535425, or 30º 57' 19.116" N, 97º 32' 7.53" W. This location is 50.88 miles away from Austin, TX and Waco, TX and it would take approximately 55 minutes to reach the halfway point from both locations.

Closest City or Town to Halfway Point

The closest town to the halfway point is Salado, TX, situated 51.01 miles from Austin, TX and 50.76 miles from Waco, TX. It would take 55 minutes to go from Austin to Salado and 56 minutes to go from Waco to Salado.

Major City Closest to Halfway Point

The major city closest to the halfway point between Austin, TX and Waco, TX is Killeen, TX, situated 67.62 miles from Austin, TX and 59.18 miles from Waco, TX. It would take 1 hour 19 mins to go from Austin to Killeen and 1 hour 10 mins to go from Waco to Killeen.

Major Cities Along the Route

The only major city along the route is Round Rock, TX.


Best Hotels In or Near Waco, TX

Do you have where to stay when you arrive to Waco, TX? Check out our hotel recommendations:


Lowest Price Rental Cars in Austin, TX

Planning on renting a car to go from Austin, TX to Waco, TX? Here there are some offers to rent a car in or near Austin, TX:

Small

Small cars

From $14

Intermediate

Intermediate cars

From $18

Full-size

Full-size cars

From $24

SUVs

SUVs

From $28

Vans

Vans

From $40


Compare rental car prices in Austin »

Weather in Austin and Waco

Austin

Rain today, with temperatures falling to 68°F on Saturday.

Sun
Oct 22
Mon
Oct 23
Tue
Oct 24
Wed
Oct 25
Thu
Oct 26
Rain Clear day Clear day Clear day Wind
79° 60° 81° 50° 75° 56° 78° 47° 81° 51°
77% Rain probability 9% Rain probability 4% Rain probability 9% Rain probability 0% Rain probability
8 354 degrees 3 312 degrees 11 1 degrees 4 284 degrees 13 204 degrees

Waco

Heavy rain today, with temperatures falling to 63°F on Saturday.

Sun
Oct 22
Mon
Oct 23
Tue
Oct 24
Wed
Oct 25
Thu
Oct 26
Rain Clear day Clear day Partly cloudy day Wind
77° 57° 82° 49° 73° 54° 77° 45° 81° 52°
86% Rain probability 10% Rain probability 4% Rain probability 10% Rain probability 0% Rain probability
10 347 degrees 5 302 degrees 12 348 degrees 4 266 degrees 15 200 degrees

Distance conversions

Checkout the distance in miles, kilometers and nautical miles between Austin, TX and Waco, TX in this table:

Distance type Miles Kilometers Nautical miles
Straight line distance 95.38 mi 153.50 km 82.88 nautical mi
Driving distance 102 mi 164.15 km 88.64 nautical mi

Road Trip Tips


Please type your origin and destination and pick one of the options.

Origin and destination have to be different.

Distance between and